PDA

View Full Version : Having a really bad day, feel like I can't cope :(

Annie0904
06-02-14, 11:20
I am just going into my 3rd week of hrt. First 2 weeks were great, hot flushes stopped after 2 days and I felt fine, started sleeping through the night. Everything was wonderful until Monday when I noticed a little spotting of blood.
Yesterday I had some tummy cramps, headache and feeling tired, also breast tenderness. Today heavier bleeding and I just can't stop crying, I feel dreadful! I called the doctors and was told to ring back on Tuesday as they may have some appointments then! I feel really irritable too, I felt like throwing something at the wall earlier which is not like me at all. Even the cat meowing is getting on my nerves.
I started to make a casserole but when I was chopping the potatoes I slipped with the knife and cut 2 of my fingers then just sat down on the floor and cried even more. I don't know what to do with myself :(

nicola1980
06-02-14, 11:27
Hi Annie, sorry your feeling so bad :hugs: could you get a telephone appointment with your doctor? I don't know much about HRT but i presume its the hormones that are to blame, hope you feel better soon x x

Annie0904
06-02-14, 11:33
Thank you Nicola, I asked if I could speak to a doctor on the phone and she said they would need an appointment slot to do that :( I am wondering if maybe the hrt dose is too strong for me. I just feel really shaky and so tearful :(

toria
06-02-14, 11:45
Hi I think when my mum went on hrt she had some problems and they had to change her over could just be the hormones as well, hope you feel better soon . toria x

Annie0904
06-02-14, 11:49
Thank you Toria, I just wish I could speak to my doctor as I don't know if I should keep taking it or not. x

toria
06-02-14, 12:18
Can't understand why the doctor's can't ring you at some point today though thats what they did with phone appointments I would ring them back If you are worried and say you are not sure if you should carry on with them, the doctor's ard getting worse for appointments x

Annie0904
06-02-14, 12:45
I have phoned the doctors back and they said there is a walk in family planning clinic on tonight and the lady doctor will be there. They said I can go to that as they will discuss other woman's problems there too. I will do that tonight. I can't go on feeling like this. I feel so low today, I feel like life isn't worth living and I have been so much better the past few months. Don't want to go back to feeling like this.

toria
06-02-14, 13:07
Glad you have got something sorted out hope it goes well, let us no later what they say, try not tolet this set you back its only a blip xx

Annie0904
06-02-14, 13:30
Thank you for your support Toria, I really appreciate it. I am trying to tell myself, it is not anxiety coming back, it is just the hormones in the hrt. I have gone from feeling absolutely great the past few weeks to back to the depths of despair in a couple of days :(

Magic
06-02-14, 13:45
Annie please don't worry. There are other types of HRT. I tried a couple of sorts before I found the right one. Mine were tablets not patches though.
Hope you go on all right:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
06-02-14, 14:19
I found a Menopause helpline number at a clinic in a London hospital. I phoned earlier and left a very tearful message on the answer phone. A consultant has just called me back and she was so lovely. She has explained all about how the patch works. She said "are you sure you are feeling the anxiety today is because of the hrt or could it be that you are so worried about the bleeding?" I was at work yesterday and felt great until I got home and noticed the bleeding, that is when the anxiety kicked in. The consultant made me realise that it is worrying about the bleeding that has made me anxious. She explained that it is perfectly normal in the first few months of this hrt and so is breast tenderness. She also assured me that I am in no danger at all by this.
I feel more reassured now but the anxiety has zapped all my energy away today. Hopefully I will get a good sleep tonight and tomorrow is another day :)

almamatters
06-02-14, 17:05
Hi Annie I am sorry but I know nothing about HRT but I hope you are feeling better soon, glad you managed to speak to a consultant about things. Take Care. :) xx

Annie0904
06-02-14, 17:15
Thank you Alma. I am feeling a bit more relaxed now. I am such a numpty getting stressed about everything :)

Tessar
06-02-14, 20:44
Oh annie.... poor u :-( it sounds v.mch like pmt to me but i thought hrt was meant 2sort these things. Mayb it will settle downsoon? I suppose it is early days. U must b so frustrated. I wud have cried too. U r just a human being and sometimes we hav days like this. Sending u hugs and happy chilled out vibes my friend..... xxxxxxxxxxx :-)

Annie0904
06-02-14, 20:54
Thank you Tessar, I think the consultant was right, it was just me getting in a panic about the bleeding and breast tenderness. Now that she has spoken to me I feel a lot better. Just very tired as I have worn myself out with crying so much.

Tessar
07-02-14, 20:54
The helpline was brilliant wasn't it? Sometimes a bit of early reassurance along with a straightforward explanation is all it takes ..... I am gld they took the time as its made a difference. :-) don't forget (as if u r likely to!) that hormones are not nice things when they play up....... So it will make u feel rather out if sorts. Hugs :bighug1:

Annie0904
07-02-14, 21:14
Thank you Tessar :)

toria
08-02-14, 17:26
Hope you are feeling ok xx

Annie0904
08-02-14, 18:00
I was a bit tearful again last night but I have had a better day today. Thank you Toria. X

Tessar
08-02-14, 18:02
nowt wrong with feeling tearful, it shows you are a human being (and a very nice one at that my dear).

Annie0904
08-02-14, 18:19
Thank you Tessar :)