PDA

View Full Version : wen i was haveing cbt she asked why am afraid to let go

trish1955
06-02-14, 11:29
I suffer anxiety panic and agraphobia for over thirty years wen I met the therapist a second time she asked what is it your afraid of if you let go of all these problems I said I don't no any way that was two years ago but it came to my mind last night and thought what did she mean then I tried to iimagin me not being like this getting dressed going out ect and I could not do it and I thought is it because I have been this way for so long I don't no how to feel or act without it does this make sence do you think it poss for me to be so programmed there is no way out.take care x
I sent this here as don't no what forum to put it on and no you will thanks

nomorepanic
06-02-14, 13:11
I moved it for you Trish

trish1955
06-02-14, 18:03
Thank you xx

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Wish some one could help explain wat they though she meant and how would I feel without it xx

trish1955
11-02-14, 15:25
Well it seems like no one else new hat my therapist meant either lol xx

vaughanp99
12-02-14, 11:11
Cognitive behavioural therapy work by changing the way your feelings, thoughts and behaviours interact. Your therapist was probably trying to get you to think about what would happen if you got dressed and went out. It may not be obvious at first but you must be afraid of something happening; it is important to identify what that is so it can be challenged.

Peter
@whatcbt