PDA

View Full Version : Internal bleed???

channie009
06-02-14, 14:58
Since getting health anxiety, my biggest fear has been internal bleeding

About an hour ago I took a paracetamol on an empty stomach then felt a bubble sensation in my stomach. As usual, i'm worrying about bleeding internally.

My whole internal bleed fear came from an episode of Hollyoaks where a character died of internal bleeding... despite having no physical symptoms.

Is that possible? can internal bleeding go unnoticed?

Also, if I were bleeding internally, how long after it happened would I notice?

I'm currently on high alert for symptoms but i'm hoping answers to these questions will make me feel a bit better.

jillyb
06-02-14, 15:05
Paracetamol are gentle on your tummy. It's long term use of things like ibuprofen that can damage the stomach lining and bleeding would be very rare even then, and very little. Having acute HA myself I know how you feel. Anything you see, hear or read about logs into our stupid brains to be brought out to scare us! I've just taken my first ever anti d so am freaking out about that! You'll be absolutely fine x

TooMuchToLiveFor
06-02-14, 15:06
My daughter had some digestive issues when she was born and I was worried that something might go under the radar with her in regards to internal bleeding. Our team of doctors (we had a preemie baby) assured us that internal bleeding would cause intense pain and we would know by her crying that she was in pain.

You do not need to be worried, my friend.

channie009
06-02-14, 15:09
That part of Hollyoaks is forever on my mind -.-

So paracetamol really wouldn't make my stomach bleed?

Aww good luck, I took Citalopram a while back and that's sadly what started my Hypochondria.. I had a panic attack over a side effect and have had health anxiety ever since.

Annie0904
06-02-14, 15:27
Taking Paracetamol in the correct dose will cause no problems at all.

jillyb
06-02-14, 15:34
It's citalopram that I've just started today so I hope I can cope with side effects!

channie009
06-02-14, 15:39
It's citalopram that I've just started today so I hope I can cope with side effects!

Hopefully you'll be fine :)
I wasn't use to having any sort of side effects or issues with my body, which is why I had a problem with it.

kurtis1990
06-02-14, 15:53
The guy in hollyoaks had been in a pretty bad car crash when he had internal bleeding. I'm sure your fine