PDA

View Full Version : I just figured out I have Health Anxiety

Zachman01
06-02-14, 18:10
Sept, I came down with terrible back pain. It was so dibilitating I thought I was dying. I am sure I was dying. Then it went down my leg. Then into my stomach. I ended up in the ER a total of 6 times. They told me it was kidney stones. Then a herniated disk. Then sent me to this doc and that doc. Ended up getting a shot in my back that never worked and I didn't have kidney stones. I had two CT scans and a MRI. I had blood work done...normal. I had an ultrasound of my thyroid...negative. They did anything and everything to me. No surefire answers. I know I have a herniated disk but the pain in my stomach was a mystery.
This is where my anxiety started. I freak out over everything now. Right now I have a sore throat. I went to docs and tested positive for strep c. Odd strep. Got on amox 875 for 10 days. The pain never went away. Now on the zpack as well as prednisone...and ativan when I freak out because I don't feel good. I have a low grade fever and well am thinking I have throat cancer! Why do I think this? Why am I so damn scared? Why can I get over it. I want to be normal again. Hate feeling this way.I am nervous. I am scared. I want to be me again.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Also, every little item on my body...I think it is something...a mole looks funny, my gums look odd, skin is too dry. Etc. I Google everything and freak myself out. Can't do it anymore. Can't live like this. I actually had such a bad attack the other night, I wrote a goodbye letter to my kids...I thought I was dying.

bingjam
06-02-14, 19:55
Hi
I hate how it makes me feel too.
I'm struggling at the moment to beauts, I worry about every ache pain feeling, I've been blessing over the same mole I have for about 7 years, until I Fount out it was actually a birth mark, everything we think is bad really more than likely is normal but we blow it out of proportion. Sorry I haven't really got much advise for you, I haven't been on here too long, just didn't want read and not reply to you.
X

Montana2
06-02-14, 20:08
Zach, I am so there with you. Last year it was my tongue.... Little tiny lumps in the back of it. I checked my whole family to see if they had them. Constantly looking at it and obsessing, looking for changes.......it goes on and on when I have one of these attacks too. I am obsessing too now, for over a week. What I am trying to tell you is you are not alone. Google is Evil. Try to relax, I know it is hard.....I am there saying these things to my self today. Positive thoughts.... Feel better soon....