PDA

View Full Version : My story nice to meet you all

Antsrcool
07-02-14, 03:58
I was on adavan (sp) but my doctor stopped issuing them. A little back story. I never had anxiety im currently 30 years old have 5 young daughters and am married. I was always the life of a party. Always the cool head when shit hit the fan. If a medical or dangerous situation showed up everyone would look to me. I did several years in security and EMS because of my cool mind. I still would love to be a police officer but I am becoming run by fear of fear. So two years ago I was at my younger brothers graduation. I had a full blown anxiety attack. I knew what it was and couldnt stop it. I blew it off as a one time thing or maybe stress induced. But just to be safe I went and saw a doctor. He suggests a physical so I agree. While in the Drs office I have anxiety so bad I faint and end up being carted away in an ambulance. Seriously anxiety hit me like a brick out of nowhere. Now I am becoming a hermit. I have a fear of getting anxiety while out. Going out with friends is quite possibly the most unpleasant thing ever. I dont take my wife out because when I start loosing my battle she gets frustrated that I want to go home or just be outside away from everyone. Its depressing me. Its winning. I want to be stronger. I know allowing it to win is NOT the answer. I need to take this ****er head on but need any advice anyone can give. I miss going to fairs. Carnivals, out to eat, seeing friends. The other day my wife asked if I didn't want to be with her in the surgery room when she delivers are child. I cried, it hurt and cut me deep. She knows I get very bad anxiety when in hospitals doctors anywhere. I know she was being courteous and nice but it hit me hard that I need to beat this. So everyone. There's my story. I look forward to browsing this wonderful forum and learning tips and tricks. I already use distraction (cell phone)

Annie0904
07-02-14, 08:35
Hi Welcome to nmp. Have you ad any therapy to help you such as cbt. You could try this on line course which really helped me
http://ct-online-info.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fct-online-info.com%2F&reauth=1