PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma Fear

Seans113
07-02-14, 08:43
Hello Everyone,

If you've been keeping up with my posts you know that I've had a rough past couple of months.

But I'll keep this as short as possible.

I recently got over the flu which is going around like crazy here and I felt semi back to normal for about a week until I stupidly was caught outside for a long period of time with no jacket when it was pretty cold and came down with a cold that affected my sinuses as well. Now, I haven't seen my GP this time, and when I had the flu he basically prescribed me a bunch of stuff and sent me on my way, but I'm planning to go next week.

My symptoms besides the normal nose stuffiness, sore throat, and cough, are weird tingle sensations in my forehead, cheek, and nose (which I assume are sinuses), white tongue, night sweats (they don't drench my sheets but I have to change my shirt), pressure in my chest, and swollen nodes in my neck and groin.

I'm really freaking out, and I read a bunch of Lymphoma patients who explained that their symptoms were similar to mine and I really just don't know what to do.

Has anyone gone through this and has any advice? What testing to do?

I feel so lost.

clover1201
07-02-14, 18:18
my cousin was diagnosed with lymphoma in the summer. The only symptom similar to yours was night sweats but we know they can happen with anxiety. He had way way more symptoms (wont put them on here)and looked very ill. The symptoms were very specific and wouldnt be missed.
You sound like you are just getting over the flu - give it a week and im sure you will be grand again!

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

oh and his night sweats were intense

Hypo
07-02-14, 21:39
My ex husband just died of this.

His symptoms were very different to yours.

Night sweats were more like 'having to change sheets every few hours' and other symptoms that I won't mention here either. Very noticeable symptoms too.

LE
08-02-14, 20:03
Sean

These symptoms are symptoms of lots of thing that are all very benign.

Also as Hypo has said the kind of night sweats are drenching all over where sheets and bedding needs to be changed constantly.

Seans113
08-02-14, 20:38
Thank you guys so much.

First of all, my deepest sympathies to both Hypo and clover.
I too have a friend that was diagnosed with this, who fit the description of getting very sick before his tumor was revealed. I guess that's what sparked my anxiety higher than ever when I started experiencing these symptoms.

I was just about to post that I can feel two more lymph nodes in my collarbone that are rubbery and movable and abdominal swelling. I know you guys don't want to put all the symptoms listed but could you tell me if either of those are symptoms?

I really need to handle this anxiety beast before it is too late!!!

Thank you all again for replying

Seans113
09-02-14, 02:03
And now i noticed another lymph node under my chin. This is driving me crazy :(

Fishmanpa
09-02-14, 02:21
Maybe if you stop poking and prodding you'll #1, stop noticing them. And #2, by stopping the poking and prodding, they'll go down. You're body has been fighting off a flu and it will be a while before they return to normal.

I'm willing to bet my next months pay you don't have lymphoma nor any other cancer for that matter.

Positive thoughts