PDA

View Full Version : daughter came unexpected

littleblackbow
07-02-14, 10:49
sorry this may be a bit long but im pretty sure this is why i have anxiety/depression...

okayyy here it goes :D story starts off found out i was pregnant with my second daughter had a pretty hard pregnancy as i was huge and had so many false alarms miscarriage early birth etc i was due on the 18th march last year on the 16th i felt as if it was never going to happen i had tried every safe home remedy
eerything that i could do i was so excited to meet her that day i decided to do nothing just sit at home thinking i was gonna have to get induce a few weeks after my due date.. later that night i went to bed perfect as and then i started t o have what i thought were contractions but they were coming fast and STRONG within two hours they went from 10 minute apart to only a few second i rushed to the hospital with my mum, partner and mum in law i got my back up midwife and she was a B**** (sorry) as i didnt show any pain i was to shy too she assumed i was faking the labour sent me home with no pain relief nothing!!!
by 9.30 on the 17th i knew i had to go to hospital as contractions went back to 4 minutes apart i told my mum and partner to get ready as i knew my daughter was going to come before 12, midday 5 minutes later i decided to leave at 9.40 as soon as i got out side that was it SHE WASNT GOING TO WAIT til we got to the hospital as i went inside to lay on the couch in fear as i didnt want a home birth my partner called an ambulance and my mum comforted me i yelled to them she was coming my mum was my hero at that stage she showed no fear stayed strong for me 5 minutes later here i am holding my daughter only 5 pound 6 ounces she was perfect but very small.
the next day i got my anxiety i have lived every minute of every day with health anxiety and worry my daughter is now 10months...
i need to do something about it now :(

TooMuchToLiveFor
07-02-14, 13:47
I, too, developed panic disorder, agoraphobia, and now high levels of anxiety and waves of depression about two months after my daughter was born (she is 6 months old now).

I had an extremely high risk pregnancy, and was on bed rest and in the hospital for several months before my complications demanded an emergency c-section six weeks early. We also had several other family traumas happen during the time I was in the hospital (mom-cancer/dad-heart attack).

I am doing better now- way better; however, I am definitely not recovered yet. I am doing CBT therapy, talk therapy, and I am on 100mg of Sertraline.

We hear so much about post partum depression, but post partum anxiety and post partum OCD should definitely be moved to the front of what our caregivers educate us.

I would suggest calling your GP and going in for a good, honest talk. Let her guide you what to do next. Hang in there. You can find relief!

Col
11-02-14, 11:49
I, too, developed panic disorder, agoraphobia, and now high levels of anxiety and waves of depression about two months after my daughter was born (she is 6 months old now).

I had an extremely high risk pregnancy, and was on bed rest and in the hospital for several months before my complications demanded an emergency c-section six weeks early. We also had several other family traumas happen during the time I was in the hospital (mom-cancer/dad-heart attack).

I am doing better now- way better; however, I am definitely not recovered yet. I am doing CBT therapy, talk therapy, and I am on 100mg of Sertraline.

We hear so much about post partum depression, but post partum anxiety and post partum OCD should definitely be moved to the front of what our caregivers educate us.

I would suggest calling your GP and going in for a good, honest talk. Let her guide you what to do next. Hang in there. You can find relief!

WELL SAID couldn't agree more! I've recently had a baby & even midwifed aren't aware of anxiety. My heart rate was high after labour but I hate hospitals & I get all wound up beeping machines ect. Anyway tried explaining I have serious anxiety & plus a traumatic birth & midwife threatend to put me on a ECG - well can u imagine how much my pulse was racing when she said that . Discusting really considering I'd explained I'm naturally anxious & was in recovery:lac:

KLP
11-02-14, 12:31
My therapist said today that a phenomenal amount of post anxiety/depression mums are very common, my son was diagnosed with severe haemophilia just before his first birthday. Not only do I have the usual fears that mums plus the pressure of day to day life, but dealing with when a bleed might occur or him falling and knocking himself has added to my woes.
She here safe and well, I think myself lucky that there could have been many many other dreadful conditions that could have been dealt to him. Thankfully he's doing well.
Your not on your own, we support each other here. Big hug.