PDA

View Full Version : had the tests.... now to wait.

hangingbasket
07-02-14, 16:18
Well this morning I went for my chest xray and blood tests for bone profile.
The waiting game is worse than anything.
Actually I don't feel too bad right now. I read something last night that said bone cancer pain is continuous and persistent rather than on and off like muscle injuries or arthritis. It said the pain interferes with your life and is terrible through the night, stopping you sleeping. This does not describe my pain. Yes its been pretty much continuous for 6 months but its still not stopping me doing anything or stopping me sleeping.
They said my blood results should be back with my gp by Tuesday and 7-10 days for xray.
I hate waiting.
Right now I'm ok but apologies in advance for any irrational rants over the next 10 days.

Worriedwellornot
07-02-14, 19:41
Hoping everything ok for you x

hangingbasket
07-02-14, 20:26
thanks! me too! I'm not doing anymore googling as I'm happy with the last thing I read so just waiting for results to be in now :)

Fishmanpa
07-02-14, 21:21
Right now I'm ok but apologies in advance for any irrational rants over the next 10 days.

So you're saying you're going to go from "Hangingbasket" to "Basketcase"? ;)

Positive thoughts

hangingbasket
07-02-14, 21:35
Quite possibly!! In fact... I'd say its a definite :)

Andrash
07-02-14, 22:31
Invoke the Welsh courage in you! :) Everything will be just fine!

hangingbasket
08-02-14, 20:36
Welsh courage must have missed me! I'm the least couragous person in the world!

However... I managed a relatively anxiety free day, even with these tests hanging over me.

I'm not sure which I'm worried about more, the blood results or the xray :(

Serenity1990
08-02-14, 21:32
You have my every sympathy. My anxiety issues seem to actually stem from a three week wait to be told a brain tumour had been "ruled out".

What I can say from my own experience is if doctors really believed there was any likelihood of these things they'd get the results the same day. As a nurse said to me, they test for everything they can these days because of the legal claims culture in this country; however if they think there's a real possibility of something they really won't keep you waiting.

Andrash
08-02-14, 21:43
Welsh courage must have missed me! I'm the least couragous person in the world!

However... I managed a relatively anxiety free day, even with these tests hanging over me.

I'm not sure which I'm worried about more, the blood results or the xray :(

Don't be so harsh on yourself, worrying makes you anxious, not coward :)

hangingbasket
09-02-14, 10:24
Still not overly panicking.
Ironically I haven't felt the pain since having the xray. Its not unusual for the pain to lessen for a couple of days and then come back with a vengeance.
Two days with no pain surely means its nothing sinister right? Cancer doesn't come and go??

Andrash
09-02-14, 11:02
Still not overly panicking.
Ironically I haven't felt the pain since having the xray. Its not unusual for the pain to lessen for a couple of days and then come back with a vengeance.
Two days with no pain surely means its nothing sinister right? Cancer doesn't come and go??

Don't you see the connection? :)

Cancer doesn't come and go, but anxiety does ;)