PDA

View Full Version : im really going to try now...

kurtis1990
07-02-14, 16:31
So after another bad bout of chest pains and breathlessness. I went back to my doctors..before I had even sat down she said I've looked at your ecgs please belive me when i say you have nothing wrong with your heart..I nodded then procedded to explain how bad my symptoms and dehabilatating my symptoms are. She nodded but then she looked at my files ans told me in the last month I've been medically assessed 20 times this month in hospit al a nd at doctors ect and looked at me and sternly said *do you not think out of all of them assesments we woud of found something. She then did bp which is normal blood oxygen.
Sats which where 98% which she said is very good. She then gave me some beta blockers and sent me on my way . So I'm just going to try accept I'm healthy and hopefully i can shake these symptoms

Fishmanpa
07-02-14, 16:48
Hi Kurtis,

Yes, you are physically healthy....probably more than most based on what you just posted.

Shaking the symptoms of anxiety takes some effort and work. If you've not sought help in the form of therapy or CBT, you may want to consider doing so. There's a great free CBT course here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

It's at least a start on healing from HA and anxiety disorder.

Positive thoughts

kurtis1990
07-02-14, 19:51
Sigh...that lasted long. Now sitting here with my ears ringing my chest hurting and my jaw aching...I can't take much more of this

saab
07-02-14, 20:24
When you have HA every sensation is noticable, whereas before it would not even register. I am having a bad night with my palpitations. So on top of doing my meditation, I will be doing some cbt exercises. One of the things I do is to concentrate on the physical sensations and rationalise them. Try it. This is mine (at the moment):

How do I feel? Answer

Quite shakey. - Just anxiety. My tremour gets worse the more anxious I get.

Chest pain - is it real pain? No, not really, just the usual muscular type pain I often get.

Hot and sweaty - again, that is anxiety.

Chest tight - again, its because I'm anxious.

Do I have any real pain or discomfort that would make anyone else go to gp or A and E? No.

I analyse these sensations and say to myself, "I feel dreadful. I feel really awful. But do I feel ill or do I feel anxious?". The answer is always that I feel anxious. How you feel emotionally is not a good indicator of how you are physically.

I hope you feel better soon.