PDA

View Full Version : Forehead keeps going numb!

Freaked
07-02-14, 17:07
Right so I'm waiting for an MRI on Tuesday cos I've been getting weird vision probs, and now the left side of my forehead keeps going numb! Like I can feel it if I touch it but it feels a bit diminished, and unless I'm looking in a mirror I can't tell if I'm moving it or not. I had this on the right side a bit before. The more i move my forehead to convince myself i still can, the tighter it gets. The skin also burns sometimes. I was just in hospital yesterday! Help me! Would I know if I was having a stroke? I keep thinking I get sudden feelings like I can't move or everything goes unsteady. I didn't sleep all last night cos of the vision stuff.

And now I'm dizzy :weep:

HoneyLove
07-02-14, 17:22
Hi freaked, in one of your last posts I left you loads of links about chronic migraine, did you see them?

Numb feelings, tender skin/scalp and dizziness are all common symptoms of both TMJ and migraine. Have you looked into those avenues?

Freaked
07-02-14, 18:16
Thanks! Yeah I have looked into but I can't really tell if it fits. It would kind of have to be a retinal migraine cos otherwise I'd be getting the vision stuff in both eyes. I mean I do get the odd thing in my right eye but the vast majority are on the left. The doc yesterday couldn't decide if it was migraine either; my eyes are apparently quite inflamed. But I'll try to remember it's possible; tbh every symptom other than the vision thing could potentially be due to stress from the vision thing!

TMJ...I mean I have so much neuralgia in my face atm that it's hard for me to tell, but I don't get any jaw clicking or problems chewing or anything.

HoneyLove
07-02-14, 19:09
If you read the links on chronic migraine that I posted here, you'll find a lot of the vision stuff included. It doesnt have to just be in one eye, it can cause a variety of weird visual symptoms. Chronic migraine is different to any particular kind of migraine, for example retinal - it causes migraine symptoms at different levels on most days, it can be triggered by many different things. Remember that migraine is not just a headache, it's a disturbance of the central nervous system which causes a wide variety of problems. If you read those links I gave you it will explain the chronic stuff more clearly for you.

I have almost identical symptoms to you, reading about chronic migraine, migraine associated vertigo and TMJ was like reading about my life, it explained a lot of what I've been experiencing for years.

TMJ does not have to include jaw clicking or problems chewing, it can literally be purely muscular from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth. The jaw muscle is powerful and can have severe knock on effect in the body, especially if it is affecting the nerves in the area.

I see you are from in Ireland, if you're living in Dublin I can give you the name of a very good balance therapist who can talk to you about the issues you're having and has an excellent knowledge of migraine that causes balance and visual issues on a chronic basis.

fedup36
07-02-14, 19:31
Hi freaked, I always get a numb head and face, infact right now I have a numb forehead and cheekbone, it's weird but it's doing no harm :)
As Honeylove said mines down to Migraine Associated Vertigo... And my dizziness is awful today' I nearly just had to sit down in waitrose so I'm sure you will be ok :) x