PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness for days

shan
07-02-14, 17:17
With my anxiety I always have spells of breathlessness but this has been going on for days, even when I'm not even thinking about anything remotely worrying and I'm just sat there. I just be totally breathless and trying to catch my breath and it's getting irritating, my chest doesn't hurt though!

Sometimes I'll hear like what sounds like a pop but theres no pain (when I do the deep breaths) I'm not sure if it's the sound of a muscle in my back or somewhere just doing that because they're so tense?!

Just feeling a bit worried about it, even as I type this I'm just trying to catch my breath. V scary.

HoneyLove
07-02-14, 17:25
Hi Shan, breathlessness is a very common anxiety symptom. Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

You don't need to be thinking about something worrying to have anxiety symptoms. If you are stressed and worrying on a regular basis (which I assume you are since you're on an anxiety forum) then this will take a toll on your body & brain, and you'll feel effects even when you're not particularly worried at the time.

The key is to work on your anxiety and stress levels daily, and bring yourself to a more regular rational and calm state of mind again.

shan
07-02-14, 17:28
Hi Shan, breathlessness is a very common anxiety symptom. Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

You don't need to be thinking about something worrying to have anxiety symptoms. If you are stressed and worrying on a regular basis (which I assume you are since you're on an anxiety forum) then this will take a toll on your body & brain, and you'll feel effects even when you're not particularly worried at the time.

The key is to work on your anxiety and stress levels daily, and bring yourself to a more regular rational and calm state of mind again.

Yeah I have spoken to the doctor so many times and they always check my chest and say it's all fine, so that's why this little spell of it is really annoying :-(

HoneyLove
07-02-14, 17:30
Well in that case it sounds like what you really need to do now is work on your anxiety levels, it will help ease these breathless spells :)

shan
07-02-14, 17:31
Well in that case it sounds like what you really need to do now is work on your anxiety levels, it will help ease these breathless spells :)

I will try! Thank you for replying :-)