PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine, my experience!

Chelby
07-02-14, 18:58
Hi everyone,
I refused anti-depressants having tried some previously and experienced adverse side effects; I now take Fluoxetine and although not without side effects it seems to suit me and I do feel more at ease and relaxed.
I have been on the drug now for about 5 weeks and throughout that time the unwanted side effects I have experienced is waking up early in the morning (around 4.30am) and having difficulty returning to sleep, spasms in my arms shortly after taking the drug at night when i first go to bed which is difficult to control, loss of appetite (although I didn't have much appetite before taking the drug) and feeling tired. The most alarming side effect however is suffering erections for no apparent reason; I have read that the drug can effect ones interest in sexual activity, however in my case its the opposite save for taking much longer to ejaculate than previously as before taking the drug orgasm was almost immediate from even touching myself, whereas now I have to really work at it and it takes much longer when masturbating to ejaculate than previously - as for interest in sex, the same as before really.
Overall the drug has made me feel better in myself, I'm calmer and seem to be able to enjoy everyday things much more such as taking interest in the family, TV and general interests etc. There was a time however that I nearly gave in when I was experiencing the spasms in my arms (around the time I had my dose changed from 20mg to 40mg) however I held in there and i do believe i made the right choice and will continue I think to take the drug if things continue as they are that is.
I hope this helps others and may i just add, even when there seems like there is no hope, or very little hope, hold in there guys as although it dosen't seem like it at the time things will eventually improve and the struggle would have been worth while and the experience you have taken from the 'dark' times will have made you stronger as a person and help you to appreciate the good times again when they return.
Take care one and all :)

anthrokid
22-02-14, 12:02
Good to hear a positive and reflective post!