PDA

View Full Version : flu wont go away

robin321
07-02-14, 19:24
The flu has been making its way through my family. First my 5 year old, then me, now my wife and other little one.

My wife has had for 5 days. There has been some improvement. But it always get worse in the pm again (despite rest). And then it gets worse at night.

I am very anxious since I am off work to care for the family. We have nobody else to help. But I own by own business and am falling behind. It just seems like it won't get better.

TooMuchToLiveFor
07-02-14, 22:30
Hi, Robin,

I am so sorry you are going through this. My husband also owns his own business, and between a very rough pregnancy (including almost two months in the hospital) and then I developed crippling anxiety…..he has had to take off so much work. He has been both mommy and daddy- as well as breadwinner, maid, chef, etc.

All I can say is- on behalf of your wife---thank you! And, just think of the beautiful role model you are being for your kiddos!

I know you must feel so much weight with all of this, but it will be better soon. Take deep breaths and know God will give you the grace to walk through this- and before long you will be on the other side of it.

Fishmanpa
07-02-14, 23:20
They say it takes a week to catch a cold, a week to have it and a week to get rid of it. With the flu, it's like it hits you within hours, stays with your for a week or more and takes weeks to get over fully! I don't envy you especially with the little ones being sick :(

Hang in there just a little while longer and you'll be over the hump and seeing brighter days. Not much else you can do besides Tylenol, plenty of fluids and rest. Hope you feel better soon...

Positive thoughts