PDA

View Full Version : Citraplam and sex drive

Fefee
07-02-14, 21:35
I really want to come off my medication , at present i am taking citraplam 30 dose. The meds give me no sex drive and this effects my realtionship.
I have taken them for the past 2 yrs and previously have taken them for 1 yr then I had a break of a yr whith no problems.
I have ocd , since I was a child I had anxiety issues , panic attacks depression extra so about 20yrs altogether . Long bloody time !
So anyways I was feeling better but still had bad thoghts everday but I didn't let them bother me . I made an appointment with my doc and he weaned me off meds over a period of 3 months . When I got down to 20 to alternate with 10 I noticed my mood dipped and was worrying a lot over stupid things then wen I came off them completely I was a mess crying , anxious senstive etc.
Now I can off them in a safe and very slow way so why did that happen ?

How can I stop these meds if I can't function properly . ? Last time I came off them with no bother . I really want to stop so I can have by Lilblo back .
If the meds didn't effect it I would be happy to take them but I need my Lilblo back . Can anybody offer any advice or help with this ?

Marty_67
07-02-14, 21:56
Hi there, I've been on and off Cit for about 4 years now.

I have been back on Cit and on 40mg for about 8 weeks. I have to say that I think I am getting my libido back now. I needed a lot of 'reassurance' when I was really anxious and loved being close to my wife. I think the anxiety really heightened things.

I don't need that so much any more but i do think I am getting things back on an even keel so to speak.

Obviously, this is only a male viewpoint :)

Fefee
07-02-14, 22:34
That's great glad your doing well :) I had no Lilblo 2. Years now I think my finace is fed up but won't say .

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-02-14, 00:18
Have you spoken to your GP? I think there are possibly other meds you can take in addition to help this…...

Fefee
08-02-14, 13:19
Yes but he hasn told me about other meds.
He said about change meds though

Cú Chulainn
08-02-14, 20:45
Personally I wouldn't be bothered adding another drug like wellbutrin into the mix however you really should consider switching to another SSRI.

UrbanMark
08-02-14, 20:52
I have been on Citalopram for six years.

Before Cit I had a sex drive like a teenager.

On Cit my sex drive is totally gone.

Any suggestions for an alternative SSRI?

Fefee
08-02-14, 21:41
Iam really considering Wellbutrin , why would u not bother with it