PDA

View Full Version : Health worries extended to my child now so sick off this

mgritton34
08-02-14, 12:11
I have just got over worries about myself having ovarian cancer because my doc proved me wrong again altho she never thought I had it anyway. Now I have moved on to thinking my child has a brain tumour and feel awful for thinking this. Its because once or twice a week in a morning she has thrown up and the other mornings she is wretching but this only happens on weekdays and for the 20 mins before school she also get very nervous and upset most mornings before school. 20 mins after she gets into school teacher says she is fine , we took her to the gp and her peadrictian and they werent concerned said it was nerves. The reason I worry so much is she has Autism and cant tell us how she is feeling and why school worries her so much she was fine before xmas this has all been happening for the last 3 weeks since starting back at school. I just cant stop worrying its something serious and this is really getting my husband angry with me.

RoseEve
08-02-14, 12:38
My health worries often spread to my children. I hate it because it's worse to think your children are seriously ill. I would rather be sick then my kids. In a brain tumor your little one would projectile vomit. As I'm sure you know children with autism often have digestive problems especially if they are stressed out. If your GP isn't concerned then I would let it go. Maybe give her some dry toast in the morning? I also find as my obsession of one disease passed a new disease obsession will take it's place. Hugs

mgritton34
08-02-14, 18:49
She refuses to eat or drink anything in a morning on a school day so am not sure she would eat any toast worth a try tho thx. Am sure she would be tired and no energy if she was poorly with something like that too and she seems to have the energy of ten kids at the moment lol. I did wonder about acid reflux cause she had real bad reflux when she was younger and year autism does usually come hand in hand with gastrointestinal illnesses. Its defo not projectile vomiting mainly spit up of clear fluid that just looks like saliva (tmi sorry).

RoseEve
09-02-14, 03:52
I get that clear stuff actually too sometimes. Definately sounds like she is just upset. Is she just starting school?

mgritton34
09-02-14, 08:18
She has been going since September and first couple of months loved it as soon as routine changed and they started doing xmas activities it all went down hill. Had a lovely time in xmas hols and as soon as the school pic went back up no school she kept saying. First day back lots of crying and refusing the teachers said she was on and off crying all day they had some spit up too. Then a couple of weeks in she was ok when she got there but as soon as u get her dressing chart out and school clothes it all starts no school home with mummy and wretching and spitting up. She also has sensory issuses so it could be as simple as the teacher changing her perfume or something. Am starting to calm down now cause like every weekend she is eating drinking and no wretching and sickness and like hubby says brain tumours dont take the weekend off. Thx for ur replies.

RoseEve
09-02-14, 11:35
My daughter also had a hard time going back to school after Christmas. They just miss their mommies. I'm sure she will settle in soon. School is confusing to them I think because they are off for weeks at a time.

mgritton34
09-02-14, 19:48
Had a bit of a light bulb moment this aft we went to inlaws and her baby cousin started crying and she really freaked out and we had to leave because she seemed scared of him. I think the crying is hurting her ears and there will have been a lot of crying at start of the term so I have ordered her some ear defenders so hopefully her anxiety will lessen when she gets them .