PDA

View Full Version : Got neighbour from hell, cant cope

rosalena
08-02-14, 12:52
My neighbour was arrested last night for making threats to kill, verbal abuse, criminal damage and threatening to 'batter' me, I've developed panic attacks as a result of living here and I don't know what to do now. I have 3 children and hes even screamed at them in the street, I'm keeping them off school, but they're v bright and I don't want their education to suffer. He was charged and released this morning but his mother also lives there - and shes worse. I cant go out because of the verbal abuse and names I get called. The police didnt want to know about my tyres being stabbed or my fence being set alight as 'theres no proof' apparently. Even abusive facebook messages from a fake account, they're not interested. Ive rang the council but they said its a police matter and all they can do is log it. I dont want to live like this but I dont want to leave my kids without a mum.

Annie0904
08-02-14, 13:03
I suggest you get a cctv camera on your house then you will have evidence. It most be awful for you having the worry of this all the time. Maybe you could go to citizens advise to see if they can help you? Make sure you keep a log of everything that is happening.

rosalena
08-02-14, 13:08
Ive ordered a 4-pack from ebay so Ive just got to get them wired in. Cant even think straight Annie, thankyou for replying. xx

Zeitgeist
08-02-14, 13:27
File a restraining order, this will provide some protection and give the police a legal basis to intervene.

See here restraining orders (http://m.wikihow.com/Get-a-Restraining-Order)