PDA

View Full Version : Runny Nose/Burping/HiccupsRumbling Stomach

Frankie123
08-02-14, 18:26
For the past month I have been experiencing what I would describe as silent burps and or silent hiccup after eating and during the day. At the same time my stomach rumbles whether I am hungry or not. On top of this I have had a runny nose on and off for the past month - no other cold symptoms. Because the symptoms are not going away I am beginning to worry that I have stomach or oesophageal cancer as I read up that burping can be one of the first signs. Naturally my health anxiety has been going in to overdrive. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Andrash
08-02-14, 18:33
For the past month I have been experiencing what I would describe as silent burps and or silent hiccup after eating and during the day. At the same time my stomach rumbles whether I am hungry or not. On top of this I have had a runny nose on and off for the past month - no other cold symptoms. Because the symptoms are not going away I am beginning to worry that I have stomach or oesophageal cancer as I read up that burping can be one of the first signs. Naturally my health anxiety has been going in to overdrive. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

It's also one of the main symptoms of acid-reflux disorder which is, considering your age and anxiety problem, the most probable diagnosis. Oesophageal and/or stomach cancer is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely rare before age 50.

Frankie123
08-02-14, 19:20
That is the problem Andresh, because I am 70

Andrash
08-02-14, 19:33
That is the problem Andresh, because I am 70

Ah, my sincerest apologies!

Still, oesophageal cancer is very rare, while acid reflux problem affects the majority of the population. Odds are still on your side. :)

Of course, you can always check it with your GP, to quell the good ole anxiety demon.