PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalised, very scared

mrdave92
09-02-14, 11:09
Yesterday whilst out with friends i blacked out temporarily and ended up going to hospital afterwards as I felt very sick and kept vomiting. At hospital I passed a neurological exam and optic nerve test but was then given an ECG test. The doctors reported that my test has shown abnormalities which they think suggests a heart condition called Wolf Parkinson White. I am in hospital on a heart monitor and I've never been so scared in my life. My facial rash is terrible as well as my other symptoms and no one knows what's wrong with me. The doctors picked up pk the rash without me even saying anything, I wasn't aware it was inflamed. I'm so frightened. Why is this happening to me? I just want answers

LunaLiuna
09-02-14, 11:16
Ah Dave, I'm so sorry your going through this :hugs:

From what I know, everyone can have this condition for short periods, it's especially common in kids,teens and in the early twenties, it can also be easily treated!

Oh and please don't mention the Arsenal result.

Your going to be fine :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
09-02-14, 11:22
Dave you are in the right place to get answers so make sure you ask the doctors everything you want to know and they will be able to reassure you.

fedup36
09-02-14, 12:14
Hi Dave, sorry to hear that... You seem to be going through some real issues!
I had an ECG which showed a short PR rate... They also thought I had WPW syndrome but after more tests and seeing a cardiologist I don't so I am sure you are fine :)
It's easily treatable if that is it though xx

Andrash
09-02-14, 14:09
Yesterday whilst out with friends i blacked out temporarily and ended up going to hospital afterwards as I felt very sick and kept vomiting. At hospital I passed a neurological exam and optic nerve test but was then given an ECG test. The doctors reported that my test has shown abnormalities which they think suggests a heart condition called Wolf Parkinson White. I am in hospital on a heart monitor and I've never been so scared in my life. My facial rash is terrible as well as my other symptoms and no one knows what's wrong with me. The doctors picked up pk the rash without me even saying anything, I wasn't aware it was inflamed. I'm so frightened. Why is this happening to me? I just want answers

They DO know what's wrong and they're going to treat it. I saw the post before, but didn't want to answer because I was meeting a friend for lunch who was actually a doctor (I didn't need his professional services, it was just a friendly lunch :)). I asked him about it (told him another friend of mine is suspected of having it) and he told me exactly what Luna told you-it shouldn't last long, and is completely harmless and treatable. :) It seems Monseur Wenger gave you a real heartache yesterday :D Don't expect any mercy Wednesday evening though :D

Hang in there, everything'll be just fine. This is just a minor hurdle and you'll overcome it easily!

fedup36
09-02-14, 14:41
Dave I just want to add with WPW anxiety can actually affect the ECG and my short pr rate which showed up can be linked to anxiety so please don't worry x

LunaLiuna
09-02-14, 14:49
It seems Monseur Wenger gave you a real heartache yesterday :D Don't expect any mercy Wednesday evening though :D

Please don't, I'm still aching today :lac:

Annie0904
09-02-14, 17:07
Do we have some Arsenal fans on this thread? Maybe I shouldn't say that I am a LIVERPOOL fan :D Great match yesterday :D

Cags48
10-02-14, 17:34
My daughter as WPW she's 25 she was diagnosed 2yrs ago most of the time she's fine her heart beats fast but regulates its self if she gets a bad attack she goes to the hospital they give her an injection and she's ok again ...... You will be fine chin up you are in the right place

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 18:15
So what did they find out? Are you home now?

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
10-02-14, 18:28
Hope that everything is okay and that you're feeling better, Dave.

mrdave92
10-02-14, 21:04
Still in hospital awaiting results of my heart scans etc. feeling very bored and frustrated. I was just wondering if there's any link between wolff-parkinson white and MS?

I'm experiencing horrible symptoms at the moment, itchy skin, hot and cold dots all over my body, sharp joint pain and aches, muscle aches, hand tremors, unsteadiness, facial pain, sharp head pains, tingling head, fullness in ear, tingling hands and feet. These symptoms are 24/7 and very frustrating. Everything is a nightmare at the moment.

My initial blood tests came back fine but they've taken more blood to check for rarer and more complex issues that could be causing my problems. My chest x ray was also apparently clear

I'm going to hopefully see a dermatologist about my facial rash and get to the bottom of what has been causing it. The doctors don't seem to think it will be related to my root canal fillings but I've been ill ever since I had them. Sick of being sick and trying to make steps forward by trusting doctors only to find out they've missed a heart condition after all this time.