PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - big setback

willous1
09-02-14, 13:52
I have again had a couple of normal days however on way back from ship this man says to me...don't say hello then. I didnt recognise him at all and am now panicking.

LucyR
09-02-14, 13:54
A man recognised you and made a comment as you did not see him on the way off a ship/ferry what about it thats not a setback. Just forget about it and maybe say hello to him next time?

Andrash
09-02-14, 14:03
I have again had a couple of normal days however on way back from ship this man says to me...don't say hello then. I didnt recognise him at all and am now panicking.

Willous, I didn't recognize my mother on the street once, although I saw her that very morning. Just didn't expect to meet her again that day and when we met I was thinking about something else, gave her a blank stare and passed by. She thought I had been high :D

I don't have dementia, and that happened when I was 21-22, so didn't have HA either. Don't worry-it happens to anyone.

willous1
09-02-14, 14:07
I meant shop

Andrash
09-02-14, 14:18
I meant shop

Did you? I forgot :D :D

willous1
09-02-14, 14:26
I'm sorry everyone to be so dramatic but I literally have been a different person. Had 2 days where I was myself and any worries went straight away. CBT has been amazing but a situation like this has got me panicking. My wife says she thinks he lives at a home near here and is not all there. But what if she is making it up ....she's not like that but I worry.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

I was even able to enjoy Palace winning yesterday ha

cut_out_stars
09-02-14, 14:57
Could it have been his mistake? That happened to me the other day! Someone started chatting away to me.. I had no clue who they were, turns out they thought I was someone else.

Either way, this is completely normal, and something that often happens with anxiety (I've been struggling a lot recently with anxiety and depression and have noticed how ridiculously scattered brained I've become over this time, I'm like a different person)

Just try to concentrate on the progress you're making and hang on tight to the good days.

You're be fine :)

Also I'm not sure if this will help or not but my grandma had Alzheimer's disease and she didn't recognise her symptoms at all. The fact you can pinpoint these little slips says that to me you're just really suffering with stress and anxiety at the moment

Leslie735
09-02-14, 15:11
I've had random people claim they know me and I don't know who they are. Could've just been a mistake on his part.

Magic
09-02-14, 15:17
Same thing as Lesley happens to me a lot. There is a woman that lives up the road I have been mistaken for many a time.
I have also done it myself to one or two people.
No wories:hugs:

willous1
09-02-14, 18:29
Thank you so much, I feel a lot better

unsure_about_this
09-02-14, 18:46
I remember a few years ago someone who used to bullied me whilst I was in secondary school (I must have not changed that much in 12 years)
stopped me in the street to say sorry for how mean he was to me. I did not even recognise him at first (do forgot I have not seen him for 12 years) so people do change with appearance.

bluetopazgirl
09-02-14, 22:41
Hope your ok now, I often have people just pass us in my town and say hi out of politeness. Sometimes people just say hello. X