PDA

View Full Version : Constant cold/cough for last few weeks...

GirlAfraid23
09-02-14, 15:57
Every morning I seem to be coughing up phlegm...I am also constantly bunged up. I feel quite run down but have been taking my usual multivitamin etc.
It feels a bit tickly on my chest.

Anybody think this is a cause for concern? I know they say coughing more than 2 weeks is a worry.

Althea
09-02-14, 16:04
Who says coughing for more than 2 weeks is a worry? Following a respiratory virus that involved coughing, it can take a lot longer than that to subside, and you're still in mid-virus from the sound of it.

GirlAfraid23
09-02-14, 16:07
There are adverts on the tv all the time...cancer ones saying if you have a cough for two weeks or more you should visit a doctor.

I have been going to work everyday because I can't afford to take time off :( should I not be going in?

Althea
09-02-14, 16:10
They don't mean if you have a cold--they mean if you have an unexplained cough.

Going in or not is your decision. It's not likely to hurt you much if you feel up to it--it's more a question of giving your bug to your co-workers.

Edit: by the way, if you smoke, it may take longer for your respiratory system to clear itself, too.

GirlAfraid23
09-02-14, 16:23
I don't smoke.

Yes I guess so...I work in a school so there are a lot of bugs flying around all the time as you can imagine.

Annie0904
09-02-14, 17:04
I have been coughing since a cold 4 weeks ago. I know I need to rest more but just so busy. It will go and hopefully we will get better weather soon. Maybe if you take some vitamin c or echineachea it will help (maybe I should listen to my own advise too :) )