PDA

View Full Version : Impaired fasting glycemia

Spondoolicks
09-02-14, 17:13
Hi, I have just been recently diagnosed with impaired fasting glycemia and was wondering if anyone else has had same diagnosis. I have asked doctors before but never got many answers to my questions. I wanted to know if my racing heart in the morning has anything to do with blood sugars and also any diet tips that you may have. I haven't been given any advice other than to eat healthy. I'm wondering if I need to get a blood sugar monitor to test my sugars? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still a little in shock from this diagnosis as there is no relevant factors towards diabetes. All of my diagnostic tests including GTT test were taken when I was in full fledge panic and little sleep. Aldo wondering if blood sugars go high when in panic? Thank you :)

RoseEve
09-02-14, 18:48
I didn't have this but my AC1 numbers as of late suggest pre diabetes. I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. I'm definatly at risk. Losing 10% of your body weight can help significantly. You don't need to monitor your sugars daily even if you did it's not a big deal I did it with both pregnancies. When my sugar is high or low I get a racing heart. In fact once because they gave me too much medicine I woke up with a reading 48 and I thought I was having a panic attack. Very similar.

Spondoolicks
09-02-14, 20:34
Thanks for your reply RoseEve. I'm not monitoring blood sugars as I was told that I wouldn't need to at the moment. I have changed my white foods to brown and have already lost a stone and a bit, it's my weight that I'm worried about as I didn't need to lose that much. I do worry about the racing heart though in the morning as it seems to go on for hours sometimes but I know this can also be anxiety. My doctor seems to be very unconcerned with anything I ask him and seems to put everything down to anxiety. Would hate to think that it is high sugar in the morning doing this and not know about it. Thank you again x