PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour, I'm worried sick?

kayleighb22
09-02-14, 17:35
I have had ongoing worrying symptoms since august 2011. It started with tingling in my left hand, left side of my face and left foot and a constant headache. In October 2011 I had a CT scan without contrast which was normal. I felt ok for most of 2012 and then at the start of 2013 I started with headaches on the right hand side of my forehead (constant), and the tingling in my left foot came back. The doctor gave me amitriptyline which isn't helping and has refered me to a neurologist. In he past month I have been feeling very dizzy too, the headache is worse and I have a stiff neck. My friends mum had similar symptoms and she had a brain tumour. I have had my eyes tested which the option said was perfect and I have had a basic exam (walk in a straight line, follow my finger) which was all ok too. This is taking over my life and I am just so convinced / scared that this must be a brain tumour as I just feel so ill all the time, dizzy, sick, headache, tingling, stiff nick. nausea all the time.
do you think this is a brain tumour? I also seem to have random thoughts that pop up out of nowhere almost like voices in my head?
I am 25
x x x

Annie0904
09-02-14, 17:57
Dizzy, headache, stiff neck...could all be tension and anxiety.

Serenity1990
13-02-14, 23:52
If you had a brain tumour the scan would have picked it up last time. The probability of having a brain tumour is incredibly low. The probability of these symptoms being caused by a brain tumour if you suffer from anxiety is even lower. The probability of these symptoms being caused by a brain tumour if you suffer from anxiety AND have already had a negative scan is so negligible I probably couldn't fit all the decimal places in this post.

Alex94
14-02-14, 10:22
If you had a brain tumour, eye test would have showed that (retina imaging to be specific). My grandma had a brain tumour (which was not primary, by the way) and it was an opthamologist who first said that something is wrong.

That's good about eye tests - having them many different things may be picked up (hypertension, diabetes, MS), so if everything was perfect then tehre's nothing to worry about