PDA

View Full Version : need some advice please

jenibellz87
09-02-14, 19:09
Within the last week I've been experiencing symptoms of a heart attack right down to the numbing left arm. Saw my pcp and had a normal ekg. She said it was anxiety since I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. Everytime I get a twinge in my body I immediately panic. I was prescribed medication and even had a panic attack about taking my meds. They have helped but I still get a slight burning sensation in my arm. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what I can do to stop being so paranoid?

wins829
09-02-14, 21:00
I experience this before. Take me few weeks to get back to normal.

Havefaithx
09-02-14, 23:10
I have had this not so much the tingling in arm but more the chest pain, I have had tingling in the arm after chest pain which I think was brought on by my panic attack. I no how scary it is, and how alone you feel when you are in the moment.

Did you have health anxiety before you had your baby? Having a baby is hard and I no after having my son I was really anxious.

If you are still worried I would speak to your gp, don't just suffer, have you thought of CBT counselling?

My pains in chest are related to anxiety and costochondritis, what I say to myself is I never had any pain before I had health anxiety and it's true, every little niggle of pain is heightened with HA

Hope u feel better soon xx

Fishmanpa
09-02-14, 23:21
Congrats on the little one! It's been 20 years since I experienced it but nonetheless, it's an awesome experience :)

Your doc is right about the anxiety. If indeed it was truly heart related, you wouldn't be posting about it here I assure you! Much of what you're feeling you'll see in the "Symptoms" link on the left of the page.

Havefaith has a point about CBT. It's very effective for treating anxiety as well as depression. There's a free course available here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

Give it a look-see.

Positive thoughts