PDA

View Full Version : Prozac and comming off

Fefee
09-02-14, 21:16
I heard that Prozac is easiest antidepressent to come off .
If so I would like to change from citraplam to Prozac
Does it effect sex drive any experiences on that anyone

Emphyrio
10-02-14, 00:08
Prozac didn't affect my sex drive the first 2 times I took it. It did the third time though, but my brain was messed up with withdrawal from another ssri and alcohol use anyway...

In terms of being the easiest to come off - its true if you consider physical withdrawal symptoms - but some people experience bad depression and anxiety for months after coming off prozac (worse than the original condition it was prescribed for) which could be described as a form of withdrawal. The best approach to coming off any of these drugs is though a super-slow taper.

MrsCav
11-02-14, 11:44
It's not effected my sex drive either nor my ability to climax. I've only been on the meds coming up for 3 months so I have not experienced what it's like to come off this type of medication ... to be honest, I'm in such a good place, I don't think I ever want to come off.

hazed72
13-02-14, 16:52
I was on it for almost two years. It affected my ability to orgasm.. i could but it would take ages and be a bit of a battle. I switched from 20mg every day to 20mg every other day, then had no side effects and sex was fine, yet it controlled my anxiety. However, since being off it for six months, i now realise that even whilst on the lower dose it affected my sex drive.
As for coming off, it was hard. I tapered over 3-4 months, but still had a few weeks of brain zaps, headaches, bad dreams and anxiety when i finally stopped.
Sadly... im now starting it up again as my anxiety and depression has returned :(
Good luck