PDA

View Full Version : head pain

xena
21-11-06, 19:49
Hi all well my worry for this week is a Brain Tumour!! I have finished taking Citalopram about a week ago and since then i have suffered with a slight pain in my scalp area, it comes on mainly when i'm moving around or standing up. My scalp is quite sore like bruised and the pain comes only in that area. Anyway i have found out that when i tense all the muscles in my head and screw my face up it comes on then. Sounds daft i know but with my OCD its like i can't stop checking its still there!! It has kinda stopped now apart from when i tense up. I have spoke to my doc twice on the phone!! He has told me its nothing like a brain tumour or anything serious and says it could be anxiety or neuralgia. But i still somehow can't believe him. AAArrggh the anxiety is easing now gradually after 4 days!! And i guess i have got to try and forget it, after all my docs not worried so why should i??
My hubby has banned me from searching the internet for symptoms as that is what has started me off this time.:D

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER

purplebear
21-11-06, 20:00
I completely know how you feel. I have had my headache for three weeks. Mine is in my temple area. I scratch my scalp and I sware it is numb. I then slighly dig my nail into my scalp to make sure I can still feel in that area. My doctors said if it was a brain tumor it would hurt like heck all the time, you would also have somthing wrong with your motor functions to. I too keep obsessing on it and I think it makes it worse. I then get dizzy and think great it is worse. When it is anxiety that causes the seondary syptoms. My husband also told me not to look on line...the things you find on there are enough to cause head pain. NOt to metion the things on line are always REALLY bad! Take care and try to believe in your doctor. I am sure he would tell you if there was something to worry about! :D

Christina :-)

flatterycat
21-11-06, 20:10
Hiya xena

Just reading your post and I can relate to what you say totally. I too have health anxiety and OCD. I have been on Citalopram for many years and am in the process of coming off them - very slowly. Anyway my current worry is that I keep having pins and needles in my feet and hands which come on when I drop off to sleep. I wouldn't be too worried if it was because I was lying on them but I'm not! It always follows the same pattern - I drop off to sleep then wake with a start and find my hand and foot is asleep, then I feel really frightened and my heart pounds. I went to the doctor today and she said that because I notice it at night it isn't anything to worry about, she also said that if it was happening in the day too she would send me to a neurologist! Well guess what - now I'm wondering if I have it in the day and keep looking at neurological deseases!
I know I don't help myself and my husband goes mad when I google symptoms. He once took the modem out of the computer and hid it lol.

Sarah

flatterycat
21-11-06, 20:14
Hiya xena

Just reading your post and I can relate to what you say totally. I too have health anxiety and OCD. I have been on Citalopram for many years and am in the process of coming off them - very slowly. Anyway my current worry is that I keep having pins and needles in my feet and hands which come on when I drop off to sleep. I wouldn't be too worried if it was because I was lying on them but I'm not! It always follows the same pattern - I drop off to sleep then wake with a start and find my hand and foot is asleep, then I feel really frightened and my heart pounds. I went to the doctor today and she said that because I notice it at night it isn't anything to worry about, she also said that if it was happening in the day too she would send me to a neurologist! Well guess what - now I'm wondering if I have it in the day and keep looking at neurological deseases!
I know I don't help myself and my husband goes mad when I google symptoms. He once took the modem out of the computer and hid it lol.

Sarah

xena
21-11-06, 20:17
I have the usual symptoms of withdrawal too.. lightheadedness and anxiety, occasional palpitations. I have had these before when coming off SSRI's
The tapering could've been slower, but i'm not very patient

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER