PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lucyalicefisher
21-11-06, 19:50
HEllo !

I found this website today and have been reading some of the forums !

I Have suffered from Anxiety & Panic for since my early 20s, not sure how they begun but I am starting to deal with it. Well I say deal with it more avoiding things really !!

It is some sort of relief to fins that so many other people struggle as well, not that I would wish this on others at all.

I am over the panics and have dealt with them but unfortunatley it has left me with phobias on travelling far away from home. And at the moment getting on trains is a huge problem....

Well I wont babble on good to be here My first online forum ...

If anyone has a train thing or plane thing please let me know !!

I haven't left the counrty for 5 years and I am desperate to work in London again but I feel so restricted as I cannot get on the train AHHHHH

Anyway look forward to getting to know you !!:D

clickaway
21-11-06, 19:57
Hi Lucy and welcome to the forum.

Problems travelling is such a common issue. I can train it up to London every so often, but it knocks me out afterwards. I'm safe travelling 5 or 10 miles.

Maybe you can aim to take a bus or train one stop and progress from there?

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
21-11-06, 21:18
Hi Lucy,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!:D

Public transport
Panic on the train (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6921)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

trac67
21-11-06, 21:55
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

yorkylover
21-11-06, 23:15
Hi and welcome,you will get lots of support here and make lots of friends.Its a brilliant site.

Ellen XX

Piglet
21-11-06, 23:26
A big welcome to you :)

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Chopper
22-11-06, 10:47
Welcome,

I hope you find these forums as beneficial as I do.

It's often easier to articulate how you feel in type than verbally in person and in here you can raise anything and find that, no matter how bizarre or unique you might think your problem is, the chances are there's someone out there watching the forum who's exactly the same, suffering like you, worrying like you .... and getting better like you.:D

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

manmoor
22-11-06, 11:13
Hi Lucy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

LickeyEndBlues
22-11-06, 11:26
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to NMP. I've been on here about 7 weeks now and have found the site really useful.

As you browse the forums you will find lots of useful information, help and support. I have found the more I use the site the more I get out of it.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Granny Primark
22-11-06, 13:32
Hi lucy,
Welcome to nmp.
I too have a fear of going to far away from home. I think its in case i have a panic attack and when i do have a panic attack the only place where i feel safe is home.
Ive been abroad many many times but last october on the day of departure to go on holiday to turkey i chickened out.
No way could i get on that plane.
however recently ive begun to gain confidence and feel that maybe next year i will be able to go on a trip to visit our friends in scotland and even get on a plane again.

Take care
LYNN xx

domino
22-11-06, 15:39
HI to you, i can so relate to your fears, just like lynn i can struggle at times, Do you take anything to help, i find that rescue remedy is very good and always keep a spray in my bag. I have a holiday booked for next year to newzealand,i am determined to get on that plane and to beat this thing, together i,m sure we will get there,in the meantime feel free to p.m. me or send e.mail to lorraine.rickards@ntlworld.com Take care , lorraine.

nomorepanic
22-11-06, 19:38
Hi Lucy

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel