PDA

View Full Version : Pulled myself away from bad people

stay_gold
10-02-14, 11:21
So i've finally pulled myself away from a circle I was spending a lot of time in. They were so draining, so negative. They made me feel as if I was nothing, when I was clearly in a fragile state with my nerves and self esteem. I was studying yet they acted as if I was a bum because I wasn't working at the same time, although none of them are doing anything with much skill themselves.
Always made me feel as if I was this weak person. I'm so glad that I'm away from all of that now, but I just feel a little incomplete as they'll never know what I really thought of them, I feel like they'll get away with it.
Anyways, I have paused the studying to see if I have anymore options and I am a nervous wreck but I'm still gonna go for it. I'm just gonna roll with the punches, it's just that I know I'm gonna be made to look bad and like I said, they'll get away with it.

Anyone else been through this stuff? I'm glad I've dumped em but I have a lot of anger in me still.

Col
11-02-14, 12:14
Well done you xxxx

Yep I've had this issue, still do! Difference is mines with family - mum/dad???

syllacrostics
12-02-14, 15:15
I'm trying to do this now. They're a group I only recently "joined" and I've always felt like an outsider. They're older, more social, and they've known each other for longer than I've known any of them. At first it was flattering to be included with a group of people that I thought were more mature. Now I see they aren't, particularly.
I've opened up a bit to one or two of them about some of my mental health issues and I feel like they don't really understand. Now I feel worried I've revealed too much and everything is out in the open for any stranger to find out. They're the type to say "you just need some new routine" if I said I am feeling depressed. Those kinds of comments are kind of hurtful to me since it seems like a flippant response to something very deeply important to me. I also feel like I'm being ignored at times although I'm actually not. I'm just very insecure.

It's hard "cutting myself off" from them socially since I still see some of them once a week in school, but I know it's for the best. Like your circle, I feel that the whole association with this group is just negative and draining for me.

Tessar
12-02-14, 20:45
It may take some time for the anger to subside but believe me u have done the right thing getting yourself away from those negative people! You aren't weak, u r very strong indeed. It takes strength to make decisions and enforce change in your life ... U stick at it!

greggs92
13-02-14, 11:47
Congratulations, you haven taken one of the steps to be anxiety free! It's never good being around negative people, because what do they contribute to your life? nothing but negativity, life is all about making the right choices. Choose to be positive and hang around with positive people, you will be positive 100% :)

kirkatronics
12-03-14, 12:49
Well done, it is hard to fall out of these sorts of situations.
Surround yourself with friends you enjoy being around, and who you feel you can talk to.