PDA

View Full Version : Tired,Tired and More Tired

Tanner40
10-02-14, 12:31
Well, certainly not the weekend that I had envisioned. Had to take my Father to the ER on Friday night and took him back again on Saturday night, where they promptly placed him in ICU. Major rectal bleeding with extremely low blood pressure.
I think I've had about eight hours sleep in three nights. The advantage is that I think I'm too tired to even feel any anxiety. I have been using rational thoughts to try and keep a positive outlook on things. I've been working very hard at not expending my energy on anger at my brother, who has yet to even come to the hospital. I just don't have the energy for anger. My reserves are too precious to waste them on anger.
My Dad is so absolutely depressed that he is just defeated. I'm trying my best to help him and be there for myself as well.
Just say a few prayers and that will go along way, if you're so inclined to prayer. Thanks for listening this morning.

MrAndy
10-02-14, 12:39
Hang in there Tanner,thinking positive thoughts for you :hugs:

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 12:48
Damn :( Sorry to hear this about your Dad. I hate freakin' cancer! Hate is a very strong word but I truly do have a hate for this disease. I hope they get things under control and get him comfortable.

Is there a way you can take the day off and get some rest? Hopefully so. Auto-pilot only lasts so long ya know?

Sending positive thoughts and prayers

cpe1978
10-02-14, 13:03
Tanner, my thoughts are with you and your father.

If there is anything positive to take from this incredibly difficult situation then it is worth reflecting how you might have dealt with this six months ago. Quite staggering is your transformation.

Although I am not about here much at the moment, you feature very heavily in my thoughts.

Chris

Althea
10-02-14, 14:05
Hang in there, Tanner. This is just plain tough, and you're doing extraordinarily well.

Female healthanxiety
10-02-14, 14:09
Hello Tanner,

I am sorry to hear you are going through teh mills at the moment.

Helping others is incredibly brave, but it really take it out of you emotionally and physically dosent it!!

You need sleep girl, well a nice hot bath first.....

xxxxx

LeFi_81
10-02-14, 14:56
Hallo Tanner,

Your courage and your sacrifice is inspiring.

You can count on my prayer.

Tanner40
10-02-14, 18:06
Thanks everyone. I will get some rest at some point today and am doing my best to take care of myself. Chris is right in that if I look back for the last six months, I could not have handled this situation.
I went to work for a few hours but am now back at the hospital, as it appears that they are preparing to perform an emergency surgery. they can't stop the bleeding and can't figure out where it's coming from.
Like you Fishmanpa, I am hating cancer. Hating it worse than anxiety at the moment. Looking at my Dad laying here has brought your struggle to mind several times today. I am proud of you and I'm proud of my Dad.
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and the prayers. So much appreciated, I assure you.

Andrash
10-02-14, 18:47
Tanner,

Your dad is fighting a good fight, and so are you, together with him. You should both be very, very proud!

I am rooting for your dad and hope that the surgery will succeed!

Montana2
10-02-14, 19:58
Praying for you and your father now.