PDA

View Full Version : Am I being silly??

willous1
10-02-14, 13:29
I'm just watching a film with a friend and I jumped at a part when it was really quiet and this massive bang happened. My mate earlier was talking about someone having a heart attack because of something silly. It felt like my heart jumped. I'm fine now but worried it could have weakened the heart or something. Am I being silly. People must jump at cinemas all the time

Beyonderz
10-02-14, 13:34
Do not worry, such feelings have no serious physical effects on Heart :) I was having them quite much myself.

willous1
10-02-14, 13:43
I am panicking a lot about this

bluetopazgirl
10-02-14, 13:44
Don't panic. I don't know much about heart-attacks im afraid but what I would personally say through my experience is I love being scared on rides, watching films etc and im really jumpy and im still here.. your be fine don't worry x

Beyonderz
10-02-14, 13:45
Try to focus on other things. Anything.
Think like that, if you got something serious with your heart, you would notice it by now. :)
You are definitely fine. Don't worry.

willous1
10-02-14, 13:48
So do you think if my heart is normal, something like that would not be an issue?

cpe1978
10-02-14, 13:52
Sean,

You need to read back through your posts over the past few days and understand that you are steadily undoing the good work you have done over the past few weeks. It really has to come from within you to reverse that trend.

Chris

bluetopazgirl
10-02-14, 13:54
Willous im sorry I am not of much help and I am not medically trained but you are fine - a scare like that wouldn't affect your heart, you only jumped. you are fine x

willous1
10-02-14, 13:54
I know Chris, stupidly I'm still watching the film and jumped again. Going for a walk. I will be okay in a bit. Not really reassurance but people jump all the time at films etc don't they? Or if someone jokingly scares u?

bluetopazgirl
10-02-14, 13:55
You want to laugh... the other day I was cleaning the toy cupboard and one of the children's toys popped up and scared the living daylights out of me.. sent my heart racing.. I am def still here.. hugs x

cpe1978
10-02-14, 13:56
Even if you caveat something with 'it's not reassurance' - it is in fact reassurance ;)

Usually if something barks and has a waggy tail it is a dog :)

willous1
10-02-14, 14:36
I know what you mean but I'm allowed assurance just have to note it down. Is it normal to jump at films etc and for it to have no affect. Does everyone here have that?

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

I'm constantly thinking about my heart now, this is not normal. I'm calm but worried.

MrAndy
10-02-14, 14:43
the heart can withstand massive shocks i doubt a tv programme would ever hurt it

willous1
10-02-14, 15:06
I hope not, does everyone jump to parts of films in cinema etc?

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 15:10
Why are you questioning something that you obviously know the answer to? Chris is right. You're putting the progress you've made at risk.

I do know the answer to the question in your title and I think you do to ;)

Positive thoughts

Brunette
10-02-14, 16:31
I haven't been on the site for a while but it seems that while I've been away you have forgotten about the dementia and found something new to worry about.

Not good.

Try to keep offline or at least stop seeking reassurance.