PDA

View Full Version : Bleed on the Brain

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 16:02
I have done the dreaded thing that i haven't done in months i've google my symptoms.

I had a bad bang on my head on saturday night right at the base of the skull i was diagnosed with mild concussion.

I am now absolutely terrified that for days/weeks after you can develop a bleed on the brain, any advice from other people who have had a similar situation would be really appreciated, i ave felt spaced out today and even to move my head it hurts not from a headache but from the pain of the lump. xx:scared15:

LunaLiuna
10-02-14, 16:33
Hello Havefaith,

My Grandad has a condition which causes him to have small bleeds, it causes him to have fairly poor memory and he falls over a lot, he can get fairly irritable as well. You would know if something like that was wrong as you would have a horrendous headache.

The external lump shows that the bruising on the outside, which is where it should be :)

I'm sure your going to be fine.

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 16:36
Thanks hun, realistically i'm sure i'll be fine but one small doubt when u have HA is all u need for it to escalate into something huge, which is what has happened to me. :(

LunaLiuna
10-02-14, 16:41
Don't worry, it's fine I understand.

Have a nice evening :)

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 17:03
Havefaith,

Did you know Dr. Google is being sued by HA sufferers for false diagnosis and scaring the bejeebers out of people? Some are even saying he's not human and has the personality of a computer algorithm ;) If you were to have a bleed, you would have had it by now or at the very least be in mighty poor condition. You must have really whacked it good to have a mild concussion. Thank goodness we have thick skulls eh? Just take it easy and all will be fine :)

Positive thoughts

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 17:42
Thanks Fishmanpa, i don't no why i do it well i do to seek reassurance but i never get it so god knows why i haven't learnt by now.

Spoke to my Dr she confirmed that it's highly unlikely in young fit people tends to be people over 65, so feeling a little better

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 17:54
Thanks Fishmanpa, i don't no why i do it well i do to seek reassurance but i never get it so god knows why i haven't learnt by now.

Spoke to my Dr she confirmed that it's highly unlikely in young fit people tends to be people over 65, so feeling a little better

Exactly :) Glad you're feeling better.

Positive thoughts

bluetopazgirl
10-02-14, 20:24
Havefaith you naughty naughty girl! :lac: DONT GOOGLE... LOL. I hate google, my husband has banned the site and blocked it now so I can't google again - thanks to google I have my HA..

You are fine, don't worry x

Havefaithx
11-02-14, 10:46
Thanks hun, i no i've even had cbt counselling and the main thing i had to do was to stop googling, so i did only because i threw my laptop away so i couldn't do it anymore, a bit extreme i no lol, but i set up my own business last year so had to get another. x