PDA

View Full Version : Emotionally numb

wilsano
10-02-14, 17:41
I've been suffering from this for ages now where I can't feel emotion. Someone in my family could die and I wouldn't feel any emotion, I can't feel happy, excitement, joy, pride, sad. I just feel constantly on one level like a robot.

It's really annoying but on the same sense I don't care but I do. Is this normal in anxiety. I have read it is a side affect of meds. I'm not on any meds and I constantly feel like this.

Mark13
10-02-14, 17:49
I don't personally think that feeling is anxiety related, I've only ever felt that way either when in a deep clinical depression, or in a milder form, on certain anti-depressants.

I really think you should discuss your state of mind with your GP, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

wilsano
10-02-14, 18:20
I can feel sadness and at times I can feel happy but I constantly doubt if it was actuall happiness

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

I can feel sadness and at times I can feel happy but I constantly doubt if it was actuall happiness

Tanner40
10-02-14, 18:26
That sounds very much like depression to me. When I have been clinically depressed, I have had a difficult time feeling a range of emotions. Have you been diagnosed with depression or anxiety, and what are you doing to help those feelings?

Zeitgeist
10-02-14, 19:49
I have similar I feel I range between sad and lack of sadness / relief at not feeling sad. I had a major head injury as a kid and always worried it was a hangover from that

wilsano
10-02-14, 20:04
I have been to a psych he said I have an intolerance to uncertainty with intrusive thoughts and anxiety. I don't get much normals symptoms of anxiety like butterfly's heart racing etc but I do feel constantly like something is not right that I'm just floating around like a zombie. I am currently in an ACT group doing mindfulness etc but I'm scared it won't help me.