PDA

View Full Version : Headache for 1 week

Vigilante
10-02-14, 18:10
Hey all, Really I have been doing ok with my HA since before xmas and thoughts of anything seriously wrong had diminished.

But for the past week I have found myself in a headache which just will not stop, I have had headaches since October 2012 around the same time as My eye disease Keratoconus progressed and worried since then it was a Tumour causing it.

Basically this feels pretty much like a tension type headache, I have forehead, temples and crown tightness and pain, my neck feels stiff and aches and sometimes I feel dizzy/spacey with it. It seems to go up and down in how bad it feels all day but never leaves me. I also sleep fine with it but can feel it on waking up again.

I did go see my gp last week about it who basically said go back on Amitriptyline 10 mg as I had before (been off them 2 months).

any advice? :doh:

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 18:31
Hi Hun,
I have really bad tension headaches and I no that mine come from my neck muscles being so tight, I can go to bed with it and wake up with it, it's a horrible headache but not a dangerous one, I was on amitriptylin 30 mg for a while and they did help, I also try and massage my neck, apply a ho****er bottle or some deep heat, syndol used to work wonders but u can't get it anymore, try ibuprofen, what pain medication have u tried as I no when I have it that paracetomals don't really do a lot xx

Vigilante
10-02-14, 18:48
Well I have had co-codamol 30/500 on prescription for a long time, but a box of 100 used to last me 3/4 months I would only take 2 when I felt really bad and they always kinda worked with 30 mins or so.

But I got a repeat on them at xmas time and have literally taken 80/90 of them since but they just do not seem to work now, I don't even feel the woozyness of the codeine kicking in. :s (Didn't take them all for headaches I had a really sore trap muscle for 2 weeks after a gym session)

My GP gave me Co-Dydramol as well as the Amitriptyline, only taken 6 of those in 3 days but they didnt seem to work either.

I did wonder if I had been taking too many painkillers recently and that they may have lost their effectivness? I have not taken any painkiller since Sunday morning now.

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 19:04
Maybe and you can also get a terrible headache from withdrawel of tablets that you have taken consistently taken over 3 days? Have u had a ct scan or anything to put ur mind at ease I did and found out that I have trigeminal neuralgia obviously I thought the worse thought I had a brain tumour or ms etc but brain tumour are rare

Vigilante
10-02-14, 19:26
I had a CT of my Sinus back when I first started getting headaches but that's all. Since then they have been coming and going to be honest though I would have thought if I had a Brain Tumour since October 2012 - 16-17 months ago I kinda wouldn't be sat here typing about headaches still I hope!

I do have Keratoconus which is a progressive Corneal Dystrophy, my vision cannot be corrected in my left eye with glasses or contact lenses and that eye alone sees multiple vision/ghosting. I'm waiting to see a professor about my next step with that.

Havefaithx
10-02-14, 19:48
A headache isn't the main symptom of a brain tumour anyway there are lots of different symptoms, For the length of time you are on about you would be quite poorly by now Hun.

Vigilante
10-02-14, 19:56
Yeah I do think its a Tension Headache, just not able to shift it right now :(, I think my plan is to not take anything other then the Amitriptyline at night

Vigilante
11-02-14, 12:02
Uff Still got it, although right now it feels mainly like a tightness/pressure around my forehead/temples/crown and cheek bones.

Think I'm also getting a bit of a hangover feel from the Amitriptyline, kinda tired feeling and could easily just stay in bed all day.

Andrash
11-02-14, 12:06
Uff Still got it, although right now it feels mainly like a tightness/pressure around my forehead/temples/crown and cheek bones.

Think I'm also getting a bit of a hangover feel from the Amitriptyline, kinda tired feeling and could easily just stay in bed all day.

I had this, on and off, for the last six months. Classic tension induced by anxiety.

HoneyLove
11-02-14, 13:17
Do you happen to clench your jaw or grind your teeth in your sleep?

Vigilante
11-02-14, 17:32
Visited GP again 2day, she checked my eyes and couldn't see anything wrong there, but I have had tons of eye tests in the past year from a cornea plastic surgeon so I didn't expect her to see anything.

She basically said give the Amitriptyline a few weeks to see if they work.

What are they looking for in the back of my eyes? and can they actually spot things like Tumors this way?