PDA

View Full Version : REALLY convinced i have glandular fever.

chl_hobbs
10-02-14, 20:39
Well I woke up this morning, and the terrible cough had gotten worse with a sharp pain in my shoulder blade, heaviness and thick chest. I went to a&e as I was so scared with these pains in my chest and back and this weird throat feeling. Plus my gastritis and acid reflux is really REALLY bad and has been for 4 weeks (not great considering all the nhs adverts are about heartburn meaning you could have cancer at the moment all over tv)...

The dr did routine bloods, a chest xray and an ecg. The ecg was ok, chest xray was clear all the bloods were ok... apart from the CRP levels, which are normally under 4, today mine was 21. WBC was normal though. Hedidnt seem worried and said I probably have a virus (my daughter has a bad cough and high temp, my mother in law has a sore throat) YET Ive been so tired and had so so many aches in my sides (espec the right under my ribs and right side of chest) FOR WEEKS. My temperature is ranging from 37.3(my norm) to 37.8.

Tonight Ive developed a cold sore and sores inside my cheeks. Now Im CONVINCED I have glandular fever.

I have a cough, sore throat, sores inside cheeks (like ive bitten them), a cold sore, tender neck, aching legs and sides near rib cage. Im tired but not exhausted.

Im so scared of glandular fever... my friend had it when we were in our 20s and almost died from liver complications, and my spleen was torn in an operation 2 years ago and im now paranoid that it will enlarge (like it can in glandular fever) and that will burst and I will almost die again...

Please help if you can...

Charlotte

Fishmanpa
10-02-14, 21:49
Sorry you're feeling bad :( You've had medical testing and a medical professional examined you. I don't really know what one could do via the forum that a doctor already has done. I would go with what the professionals said as family members have been suffering with similar issues. The only thing to do is contact your doctor again if this doesn't begin to resolve. I hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts

WhyWhyWhy
10-02-14, 22:26
I had glandular fever when I was 17. I had blood tests to confirm it. It wasn't nice but it wasn't life threatening. You will be fine, I'm pretty damn sure that what you've described is a very rare complication because it wasn't even mentioned when I had it. I will say when I had it I was EXHAUSTED. I was a very active 17 year old and I couldn't get out of bed, when I had the blood tests I was literally carried from the car to the surgery and to this day I don't recall going!

I'd like to calm your fears- I'm convinced you'll be ok. If that's what it is, it's not pleasant but it goes and it's ok xxx

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Also the doctor will know about the tear during your op and will be vigilant to monitor anything that could affect it. Xx