PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about blood pressure?

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 07:32
I'm terrified.
I bought myself an automated bp monitor after I had a spell of low blood pressure. I've not recorded any low results yet.
Every morning my reading has been higher end of normal to high. Is this normal?
This morning I have been a bit under the weather and I'm sweaty but don't have a temperature. I took my reading and it was something like 126/111!!! This says severe hypertension and I am absolutely freaking out now. I'm on the verge of calling the drs when they open.
Anyone have any experience?

katielou80
11-02-14, 07:38
this machine WILL drive you insane. EVERYONES blood pressure fluctuates in the day. My friends just brought one, her health anxiety is now at a scary limit!! be careful xxxx

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

i took mine on a friends once and it scared the hell outta me, it was off the reading, drs told me to STOP doing it, as anxiety about taking it is bad for you. my friend goes to a&e at least twice a week about it, they do nowt xx

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 07:43
But they are supposed to be accurate?
I suppose what I'm asking is us it normal for healthy people to have high readings at certain times?
The other day I took it it was 120/69

katielou80
11-02-14, 07:59
its completely normal, and ive worked in a maternity ward, taking blood pressures and pulses!! honestly put it away and forget it. you would know if your blood pressure what that high, youd feel crap. the worst thing anyway even if it was high at the drs id they would ask you to come back in 6 weeks check again, and give you some tablets xxx

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

if it was high and always high, it would never go down naturally. like yours does xxxx

Andrash
11-02-14, 08:04
But they are supposed to be accurate?
I suppose what I'm asking is us it normal for healthy people to have high readings at certain times?
The other day I took it it was 120/69

It's completely normal, both high and low readings. It fluctuates during the day.For example, if you check it right after your sleep, it will probably be very low. If you check it after you were excited or after exercise, it'll go up.

And another question-why on earth did you actually waste money on a thing that will just worsen your HA? That being the blood pressure monitor. Sell that thing immediately at ebay and start tackling your real problem-HA. :)

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 08:20
Thank you for your replies and yes I know what everyone will say.
Do you mean directly after sleep while still lying down? Because I had just got up and gone to the toilet.
I feel a bit spaced out, dizzy abs have a headache on the tip of my head at the sides :(

Andrash
11-02-14, 08:57
Thank you for your replies and yes I know what everyone will say.
Do you mean directly after sleep while still lying down? Because I had just got up and gone to the toilet.
I feel a bit spaced out, dizzy abs have a headache on the tip of my head at the sides :(

I mean after sleep, 30-60 min after you wake up :) You are really over-analyzing this, get rid of that stupid machine and fast. Believe me, you'll feel a lot better after that :)

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 09:23
This was five minutes after sleep :( My body always struggles first thing in the morning. My heart races as soon as I get up.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Well I've been siting down for a bit now and it's gone down to 120/67. Perfect.

Havefaithx
11-02-14, 09:24
Hi Mummyanxious

Anxiety raises bp, i have quite low blood pressure but when i have had a panic attack/anxiety and have either been to the drs or once an ambulance when i thought i was very ill it was high, you may not think you are anxious but subconsciously you are waiting for the result of your bp, which in turn is making you anxious and raising you bp. x

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 09:28
It all makes sense when you're feeling rational eh?
I've cooled down now as well as I was sweating badly when I woke up.

Havefaithx
11-02-14, 09:31
its easy for us to be rational because we aren't in your situation, but switch it round and it would be hard for us to rationalise it, hope u r feeling better now

mummyanxious
11-02-14, 09:42
Still feeling generally poorly :( I just wish I could shake this breathing anxiety I've got. I only have to stretch and I feel like I can't breath because of the feeling in my chest. It's really getting me down.

ohwell123
11-02-14, 09:56
hi mummyanxious the worst thing I ever did 3 years ago was buy one I already had OCD so to be told my bp was high and then the nurse pulled that stupid shocked face the idiot fuelled my HA there and then I went and bought one, although realistically mine and your bp is prob fine but the mere sight of the machine shoots mine up even though I think im not anxious so to actually be worked up and then take it is even more of a MISTAKE

youll prob use it again regardless of what we say so if so.... chill out for half hour do a couple of readings relaxed interval get a good reading then I reccomend getting a hammer and smashing the living day lights out of it

tk cr
kris

Andrash
11-02-14, 10:52
It all makes sense when you're feeling rational eh?
I've cooled down now as well as I was sweating badly when I woke up.

I meant the period from waking up until 30-60 minutes later. :)

As for feeling rational-exactly. But this monitor will drive you insane every day. Please, please sell it! You can earn 20-25 quid by selling it-please do so and buy your children a present with the money. :)