PDA

View Full Version : Mania ?

Chipsy
11-02-14, 07:49
High all , my first post . Becoming quite concerned .

I'm on 20mg citaloptam.been taking for 10 months
I'm also going doctors this evening to discuss issues.
Married 10 years with children
My firm are aware I'm on tablets

My bigger question is to ask am I on wrong drugs, and by writing here I'm putting my questions / thoughts down for my own clarity , for dr. And hopefully some responses from you guys to help understand .

I have noticed an increased level of sexual feelings , I have always been promiscuous, to a point of dangerous ; I believe that to be taking a risk because I need that thrill , but over the last few weeks I've become worse with wanting to find s thrill sexually . I don't really want to go into details , but it's damaging my relationship.my wife is now aware of all my activities.

I get angry a lot, yet I'm happy and everybody's friend at work .
I have an increased drive at work to show creativity and innovative ideas , to a point of taking over my life . Yet I don't seem to see everything through .or as I read the other week . It's like cleaning your house from room to room , but not actually finishing anything in that room .

Mind I'd always racing, and people feel they need to walk on egg shells around me . I'm great with my children: I get bored with something very quickly : I get bored with friends after initially being over the top with them .

Sorry I realise this post is probably a bit un -structured, I'm just putting my thoughts down.
I would appreciate any thoughts

Regards

Marty_67
11-02-14, 12:38
Hi Chipsy - I can relate to a lot of the above.

That's a long time to be taking Citilopram, but I wonder if your dose is too low - a question for your GP perhaps?

I am now taking 40mg of Cit (8 weeks in) and things seem to have gotten quite a bit better lately - not perfect but definitely better. I am now letting things wash over me a bit and dont need to plan so much...even have a bit of spontinaeity going on in my life again. I used to worry about organising everything but I am not so bothered any more. I also can trust others again - could not do that a few weeks ago.

I suspect your dose may be too low? But talk to your GP. What do others think?

Marty

Chipsy
11-02-14, 19:28
Hi Marty
Dr thinks I may have a mild case of bi-polar, but difficult to assess . She has prescribed trazodone . Going to take for a cpl weeks then go back. Also been referred for counselling again ! ... Seems like an endless cycle, but I guess I have to commit myself fit the long game .

Cú Chulainn
11-02-14, 19:45
The word ''dangerous'' sticks out in your post. Which makes me think that it could be some form of mania probably not Bi-polar though as even if it was mild you or your wife would be pretty somethings up.