PDA

View Full Version : Called in sick this morning...extreme worrying again!

GirlAfraid23
11-02-14, 08:58
So last night as I posted I was shivery and achy with a chesty cough. Throughout the night I woke up with a rattling in my chest...coughing up lots of phlegm and now I'm blowing hot and cold. Have made an appointment at the docs for 11.30am.

I text the cover supervisor as we are instructed to do (I work in a school) and she replied with "oh poor you, hope you feel better soon, you've been ill on and off recently...hope the doctor is helpful."
Of course this sent my anxiety into over drive...I could only focus on "you've been ill on and off recently" and I'm automatically thinking she is hinting something...I've worked out how many days I've had off since I started the job in September 2012...9 days including today...that I can remember or have evidence for, either on here or on my phone archive text messages.
Will this be an issue?
Do you think they may call me in when I'm back to discuss my absence? Maybe I shouldn't have a job because of my extreme anxiety. I hate myself :(

Annie0904
11-02-14, 09:18
I don't think there was any sarcasm there from her at all and she was conccerned about you. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just rest and get better. The school I worked in called you in for a sickness review if you had more than one sickness in a short period of time but nothing to worry about, it was not to 'have a go at you'.

GirlAfraid23
11-02-14, 10:46
Thanks for those words Annie, do you think 9 days is a lot in 1 year and 6 months?

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

I'm feeling pretty rough now :(

nomorepanic
11-02-14, 10:59
No it isn't a lot and if you are ill you are ill - you can't help it.

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 11:07
You're off sick, try to relax and spend your sick day doing what you're meant to do, relax, look after yourself and get better. Be kind to yourself :)

Hope you're feeling better soon. x

spuder
11-02-14, 11:30
As the others have said it's not a lot of time off from your job they can't sack u hope the doctors can help u maybe ask to go on ESA employment support allowance explain how u feel to the doctor or have u tried cbt for your anxiety hope I've helped u Hun u relax stay warm drink plenty and try to relax by maybe watching a good film or comedy like friends well I think u get it lol sorry to waffle on good luck with doctors

GirlAfraid23
11-02-14, 11:38
To top it all off I think I might have started my period 4 days early.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Been to the doctor's. Nurse listened to chest. She has prescribed antibiotics...I always fear taking them, don't know why.

Annie0904
11-02-14, 13:00
Take them, if you have been prescribed them then you need them.

GirlAfraid23
11-02-14, 18:42
I'm thinking I might have to call in tomorrow too, still not feeling great.

nomorepanic
11-02-14, 19:02
Why not do it now and say you have been given antibiotics so wont be going in

GirlAfraid23
11-02-14, 19:58
I might do that but I think we have to call in the morning anyway.

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 20:32
Take your tablets you've been prescribed, that way you'll get better, take the full course too and when you're mended you can get back to work.

Ring work and tell them you've been prescribed them, it's pretty obvious you're poorly if you've been given them. I think at this time of year it's all too common to get ill, it seems everyone around me is full of germs at the min, I'm hoping I dodge them, at least by staying home you're not spreading them :)

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy on yourself, you're off work, you've been to see a doctor and you've been given medication. And if you can.... Make the most of it! This is the time you can lie in bed, stay in pjs and not feel guilty about it xx