PDA

View Full Version : I thought i was alone with anxiety!

sand001
11-02-14, 10:10
Hi

I found this site yesterday and cant believe how many people also suffer from Health anxiety.

I think I have had this for years, I will find say a small lump or a mole and then keep looking at it and thinking it looks bad and it must be bad, it really gets in my brain and its all I can think about.

I really never new that so many offers suffer like me.

It is particularly bad when I go on holiday, its as if I search my whole body and then need a clean bill of health before I feel relaxed enough to go away. I feel so bad going to the doctors as I know it is all ok but just need that reassurance which when given I relax (until I find something else)

The latest is a brain tumour, my vision doesn't always seem perfect and I have had my eyes checked and changed prescription for contact lenses recently, but at times they still are blurry, plus had 2 extremely bad headaches recently, so what did I do, GOOGLE, bad idea!

I did go to docters Friday as headaches were last straw, as in last 6 months I have suffered with anger,irritation,lack of sleep ect ect, however wished I had mentioned eyesight as then I was putting it down to just contact lenses not being perfect (which I believe it is, but as usual I think the worst)

Doc recommended Citalopram 10mg, more for the emotions I have been experiencing, hopefully it will help my anxiety.

Anyway I just wanted to share this as it is not something I tell people I know and everyone can understand the situation.

So in this case Google has helped me find this site.

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 10:59
Hello and welcome :)

I'm guessing that reading through this site will bring you some comfort seeing that the strange weird and wonderful things you thought only you did are also done by hundreds of other people.

It brings me relief knowing I'm not the only one suffering alone x

sand001
11-02-14, 11:18
Thank you for reading my post.

It is definitely a relief knowing I am not the only one.

LunaLiuna
11-02-14, 11:32
Welcome to NMP sand!

I have a similar fear to you,but that's all it is. A fear :)

KLP
11-02-14, 11:55
Hi sand, my vision is poor too, I've had MRI and a thorough opticians examination, all fine i didn't even need a higher prescription. My vision is like I can't quiet focus, like a drunk/blurred vision 24/7. Glad you found us. Stop googling. X