PDA

View Full Version : Tips for stopping attacks

greggs92
11-02-14, 14:03
The best tip I can give someone who is suffering from panic attacks is to go with the panic and don't fight it, the more you fight it, the more it's hard to stop...however if you just give up to it and walk into it, you might feel scared but it cannot hurt you. I found this out after years of trying to fight them. Laugh at it and realise how meaningless they really are, if you do, you will realise how your in control of them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to help you out! :)
Thanks
Charlie:)

vantastic
16-02-14, 15:57
I try to use coping mechanisms to deal with it. Sometimes I can walk myself out of a panic attack, other times I just let it happen. It all depends on where I'm at.

WhyWhyWhy
16-02-14, 17:05
Is it normal to get random surges. Like a huge rush of adrenaline, heart pounding head rushes and pure panic for absolutely no reason. Sitting here watching tv and BOOM here it is. I let it happen and just rode it out and yeah it helps but how do you stop it happening in the first place x

GingerFish
10-03-14, 17:15
I find it easy to get myself out of a panic if I'm in the house having one or outside where there aren't maybe people around but if I am outside or somewhere that is crowded say in town or a waiting room, the usual ways to calm myself down don't work :(

Do you have any tips that you have used yourself when you have been in these sort of situations?