PDA

View Full Version : Do you often think you cant take anymore ?

MarkUk
11-02-14, 14:39
Before I carry on I don't mean ending it all I mean when the anxiety gets so bad ( I get HA) that you think it will make you ill, I have been on a diet for almost two years & have done well over 4 stone lost but I am eating so little when I am anxious I am losing more weight than I wanted, this increases my HA thinking I am wasting away.

It just feels like I am getting more bad days than good & one terrible day,like today, get better by the end of the week, normally, then off I go again with my HA thoughts & self diagnosis. I stopped using DR google but had to today just to calm me down regarding a blood test I had almost two years ago, I go over & over the appointments with the DR thinking he could have been lying about the results or holding back so not to upset me then I tell myself it was all OK then feel good but again I woke up at 5am this morning going over it all again making stories up in my head about what was said etc.

Please tell me I am not alone in this weird thinking I'm at my wits end I have no interest in my family life I am consumed by this s**t in my head.

Thanks for listening :)

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 14:49
Hello :)

I'm having one of those days. I have HA too. I'm not ill, I haven't been ill for a few years. The odd sniffle or feeling queasy or light headache, but nothing to stop me in my tracks. I haven't had a sick day in years. Last year I went on a big diet and lost lots of weight, with that came poor circulation, feeling chilly and comments that I was looking thin- which made me think thin=ill.... When in fact it was my extreme diet and exercise plan.

Wish I had words of advice but just want to say I'm right there with you :)

LunaLiuna
11-02-14, 14:54
I think I can't take anymore every single day, But i always get through it and you have too :)

It's interesting to see how you said you have no interest in your family. I'm no expert but this is seems very common with anxiety especially with HA as we become so obsessed with ourselves and our bodily functions. I could even go so far as to say it may be the cause of it. But It's definitely obvious that it sustains the problem.

I think one of the biggest parts to recovery is shifting your focus from the I to the WE.

As soon as you break that separation you'll feel a lot safer. When I've managed to see through the separation ALL of my worries have gone away :)

I hope you feel better soon.

robinsky
11-02-14, 15:34
In light of my work situation, there was a period where I seriously considered that route but thankfully, I didn't. What's the worst that can happen, I mean seriously? You'd still be alive at the end of it all. Positive thoughts. Suicide is never an option.

MarkUk
11-02-14, 15:47
Hello :)

I'm having one of those days. I have HA too. I'm not ill, I haven't been ill for a few years. The odd sniffle or feeling queasy or light headache, but nothing to stop me in my tracks. I haven't had a sick day in years. Last year I went on a big diet and lost lots of weight, with that came poor circulation, feeling chilly and comments that I was looking thin- which made me think thin=ill.... When in fact it was my extreme diet and exercise plan.

Wish I had words of advice but just want to say I'm right there with you :)

Exactly what happens to me when people comment about my weight loss = ill/ something wrong & nothing to do with eating 500 cals under each day & walking miles everyday. Yes I don't half feel the cold now the weight has come off I must remember to convert that into a illness ;).

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

I think I can't take anymore every single day, But i always get through it and you have too :)

It's interesting to see how you said you have no interest in your family. I'm no expert but this is seems very common with anxiety especially with HA as we become so obsessed with ourselves and our bodily functions. I could even go so far as to say it may be the cause of it. But It's definitely obvious that it sustains the problem.

I think one of the biggest parts to recovery is shifting your focus from the I to the WE.

As soon as you break that separation you'll feel a lot safer. When I've managed to see through the separation ALL of my worries have gone away :)

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the reply, I have become so self centred I think my wife is getting sick of it all but she does not say but I see it in her eyes. I try so hard to focus away from the I & do get bits of the we but I seem to always spend more time in the I :weep:

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

In light of my work situation, there was a period where I seriously considered that route but thankfully, I didn't. What's the worst that can happen, I mean seriously? You'd still be alive at the end of it all. Positive thoughts. Suicide is never an option.

No, as stated in my first post I am not feeling suicidal just sick of these feelings of pure HA panic.

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 15:48
I did a VLCD diet for a few months and the weight literally fell off. I think people were worried. It affected everything, bowels, the lot.... So guess what? I assumed everything from IBS to bowel C.

Hope this passes for you x

greggs92
11-02-14, 15:51
Hey you guys,
I was once in a similar position to you, it's about believing you can overcome it, because quite frankly, you can :)

robinsky
11-02-14, 16:22
Exactly what happens to me when people comment about my weight loss = ill/ something wrong & nothing to do with eating 500 cals under each day & walking miles everyday. Yes I don't half feel the cold now the weight has come off I must remember to convert that into a illness ;).

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Thanks for the reply, I have become so self centred I think my wife is getting sick of it all but she does not say but I see it in her eyes. I try so hard to focus away from the I & do get bits of the we but I seem to always spend more time in the I :weep:

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

No, as stated in my first post I am not feeling suicidal just sick of these feelings of pure HA panic.

Sorry I should've paid much more attention. I hope you get over your panic.

MarkUk
11-02-14, 17:22
Thanks, I always miss stuff when reading posts here.

It was kind of you to reply

robinsky
11-02-14, 21:33
Absolutely no problem :-) Positive Thoughts