PDA

View Full Version : Clamin benefits

Lyrica
11-02-14, 17:06
I recently left my job because of anxiety. I have visited my GP as my anxiety had gotten so bad I think I may need some therapy
at the moment I'm not able to face going back to work. I need to get myself in a goof place and get my anxiety under some sort of control. I was wondering if there is any sort of benefit I could claim at this point? I don't think its job seekers allowance as at the moment I do not want to put myself through interviews and new job starts. I'm hoping to start looking for a new job in the next few weeks when I get myself to a better place.

Rennie1989
11-02-14, 17:17
Employment Support Allowance may be the one you're looking for. The idea is to support those with a disability to get through the bumpy stage and to then wean them back into work. It is only a temporary thing.

Annie0904
You should be able to claim ESA (Employment Support Allowance) You would have to have an assessment and they would decide if you need to be in the working group or support group.

LunaLiuna
I get disability allowance for mine, but it took a while to get. It's called DLA and I think it's more of a long term thing.

nomorepanic
11-02-14, 18:17
I will move this to the correct forum for you