PDA

View Full Version : SADS on my mind

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 17:23
Hey guys.
Reasonably ok until I seen some stuff at work about sudden adult death syndrome. Then the DM also had a story about a chap who died from it today and I'm feeling pretty anxious. It says if your ECG is completely normal then you should be very reassured. Mine always have been most recent being last July.
I think I'm just anxious as it is as I've moved out for the first time at the end of January and spend Monday-Friday on my own, plus my recent bloods flagged up folate deficiency anemia last week and I've never had abnormal bloods so that set me off.
I'm trying to reassure myself but SADS is like my biggest fear and one I can never seem to overcome like I've overcome everything else.

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 17:33
Daily Mail? My first piece of advice is stay away from the DM!!

If this is your HA, I feel for you. This isn't going to happen. Folate deficiency is certainly nothing to worry about. Your ECG have been spot on. You're fine. You need to distract yourself, why are you on your own mon-fri? Listen to some music or read a book instead of dwelling on SAD. You've got more chance of being hit by lightening TWICE.

I hope you find some peace and stop dwelling on the what if's of something this far fetched. I hope far fetched doesn't sound offensive, I'm the worst for catastrophe thinking but really, I'd bet my home you won't encounter SAD. xx

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 17:41
Yeah I clicked on a link to read something about Big Bang theory (lol) and it brought up a headline, I knew better than to read the article. I also work as a medical secretary so i can't always avoid certain materials, no no that don't sound offensive atall :-)

My partner is in the forces and comes home Friday night to Monday morning so in the week I go to work them I'm on my own, I'm looking into starting a hobby of some sort.

I really overcame my anxiety since last year I control it now rather than it control me with the help of successful CBT but this fear of death of sudden death still grips me, then if I have no distraction it takes over somewhat, right I'll put my dinner on and get into start breaking bad.

Thanks for the words Why xxx

Andrash
11-02-14, 17:52
Hey guys.
Reasonably ok until I seen some stuff at work about sudden adult death syndrome. Then the DM also had a story about a chap who died from it today and I'm feeling pretty anxious. It says if your ECG is completely normal then you should be very reassured. Mine always have been most recent being last July.
I think I'm just anxious as it is as I've moved out for the first time at the end of January and spend Monday-Friday on my own, plus my recent bloods flagged up folate deficiency anemia last week and I've never had abnormal bloods so that set me off.
I'm trying to reassure myself but SADS is like my biggest fear and one I can never seem to overcome like I've overcome everything else.

Where on Earth did you find this? It's obscure even for my HA :D

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 18:38
I won't explain and don't google it lol!
But it's a rare cause of death In young adults. Just one thing I can't seem to shake off.

Andrash
11-02-14, 18:51
Oh I won't believe me-Google-induced HA destroyed 5 months of my perfectly normal life and is still affecting it-I learned my lesson. All medical sites on Google are now blocked and will stay that way :)

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 18:55
Tell me about it. It was the worst habit. Smoking was easier to quit than googling my symptoms!

Andrash
11-02-14, 18:59
Tell me about it. It was the worst habit. Smoking was easier to quit than googling my symptoms!

I hear you :) I once paused the film I was watching and started googling the symptoms that at that moment I didn't have :D

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 19:13
It's crazy isn't it? I hope your doing ok now x

Andrash
11-02-14, 19:18
It's crazy isn't it? I hope your doing ok now x

Still having some issues from time to time, but much improved since 2 months ago. Counselling helped me very much, as did (does) this forum. :)

Shivmarie
11-02-14, 19:22
Yeah me too, it's great help having people on here to talk to, I feel at ease already x

Andrash
11-02-14, 19:59
Yes, this forum virtually saved me 2 months ago, it was a godsend when I found it :)

Shivmarie
12-02-14, 11:44
Im glad, theres nothing nicer than coming on and readin how people are ovecoming things. I try to reason that when im anxious its ok as its normal for your mind to experience some anxiety, everyone does. Thats what my CBT guy told me, i think i just have had quite abit of stress recently but im trying to keep going xx