PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced this?>

tan235
11-02-14, 17:55
Last night at 10.30 I woke from sleep, I jumped up straight away - my heart was pounding in my chest, I was sweating, and in a huge panic.
I have no idea why all I thought was that I was going to die.
I couldn't think straight, thought I was having a heart attack or my body was in major trouble.
I phoned my sister and started to calm down, but I was shaking internally and having hot and cold flushes - my heart also finally calmed down and I was able to go back to bed.
I've suffered panic attacks for about 10 years but NOTHING like this.
I'm under a huge amount of stress at the moment but this was beyond anything.

I was asleep and then I just woke up in a huge weird panic!

Sound familiar to anyone?

THank you for your support, I need it right now.

Andrash
11-02-14, 18:03
Last night at 10.30 I woke from sleep, I jumped up straight away - my heart was pounding in my chest, I was sweating, and in a huge panic.
I have no idea why all I thought was that I was going to die.
I couldn't think straight, thought I was having a heart attack or my body was in major trouble.
I phoned my sister and started to calm down, but I was shaking internally and having hot and cold flushes - my heart also finally calmed down and I was able to go back to bed.
I've suffered panic attacks for about 10 years but NOTHING like this.
I'm under a huge amount of stress at the moment but this was beyond anything.

I was asleep and then I just woke up in a huge weird panic!

Sound familiar to anyone?

THank you for your support, I need it right now.

Mild case of panic attack-sounds familiar to all of us. I think there is not a single soul at this forum that hadn't experienced it at least once :)

Montana2
11-02-14, 18:11
Yes,yes, yes. 100%. Just happened to me the other day.

tan235
11-02-14, 18:26
mild case?
It's the worst i've ever had and I've had some shockers - but thank you.

Idris
11-02-14, 20:23
Yes, Ive had them too. I used to call them night terrors, and they really are terrifying during the middle of the night with no one around to reassure you.

HOWEVER, I checked out a heart palpitation forum, and a retired cardiac doctor answered a post identical to yours and described these events as nocturnal panic threshold events (panic attacks) caused by underlying difficulties (anxiety and stress).

Hope that reassures you as much as it did me.

Andrash
11-02-14, 20:28
mild case?
It's the worst i've ever had and I've had some shockers - but thank you.

Yes, mild case.

Worst case is when they come together with chest pains, indigestion, nausea and dizziness ;)

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 20:37
I get this just as I'm falling asleep, I wake up with a sudden jolt, heart racing, can't breathe. Hell

Speranza
11-02-14, 20:39
Yes it is really common. Horrible but not fatal. Hugs. xxx