PDA

View Full Version : Excuses for anxiety?

Dissolved girl
11-02-14, 18:20
Hi there

Just a question. Does anyone else feel that their body uses a reason or excuse to start feeling anxious or panic? Every time I feel anxious it is over 'something'. At the moment it's a bad taste in my mouth. It's like everytime I get anxious something sets it off which wasn't necessarily a problem before. I am scared about attributing anxiety to a specific thing because I fear it will create a phobia of that thing. Is my body just using a supposed problem as an outlet for anxiety? I am wondering if there is a way to make myself understand that anxiety is anxiety and that is it. There are no problems. I am just anxious

Any answers greatly appreciated. I am scared almost to death.

Thanks x

cubist
11-02-14, 18:52
Hell yes! literally everything makes me panic and become anxious. From being too hot, being too cold, too wet, too dry. Anything like that can trigger panic in me. I suffer from horrible dizziness as the main symptom of my anxiety and anything can set that off, thus setting the anxiousness off. things like sloping floors, blinds swaying in the wind, even particular words like spinning, dizzy, rolling etc.

So yes, anything can and does set my anxiety off.

P.s. I love you username, are you a fan of Massive Attack?

Dissolved girl
11-02-14, 19:21
Hi there

Thankyou for the response. Yes I love Massive Attack. Dissolved girl is a lush song :)

How do you cope with your anxiety being set off so easily?? Do you take meds? How do you have a normal life? One anxiety bout and I'm depressed, shaky, nauseous, cannot eat and can't function for days. This has all come back again suddenly and I know it's a vicious circle but it's scary as hell and Im scared I won't be able to beat it again :weep:

cubist
11-02-14, 19:45
One of my favourites off that album. :D

I have far from a normal life and in fact have posted today about the probable breakdown of my marriage :weep:

However, with CBT I am trying to come to terms with my symptoms and manage them, one thing I can say is you WILL be able to beat it, it takes time but sure you can.

I don't take any meds at all no, do you? are you having any kind of therapy?

Dissolved girl
11-02-14, 20:17
Hi again

I am so sorry to hear about your marriage. I feel so awful for you.
It's like a catch 22 isn't it? The more anxious and depressed you get the more you hurt and unfortunately hurt other people without meaning to!
My parents and my boyfriend worry about me when i am anxious and i hate doing that to them.
It's difficult. I guess she must be worried sick about you and she's too scared to see you go through what your going through.
Problem is, as you said is it's not exactly an easy thing to snap out of! Sometimes i would rather anything else but this.

Maybe she will come around to understanding? Or maybe you could set some goals together to show her your making progress?
Still kinder words on her part would also be helpful! It's not like any of us want to go through this!

I feel so stupid now when i see the things i am worrying about and how they compare to other people's problems. My mind just runs away with itself. It's horrible :weep:

Have you been to the doctor and explained all of this? Is it possible for them to put you on some higher strength meds just to give you some of your life back?
Could you work from home? Or do your profession at home?

WhyWhyWhy
11-02-14, 20:59
Hello :) I'm the same, I create problems that aren't there.

I see so much talk about lymph nodes on here... Well I decided to feel for my lymph nodes, it's something I've never done before. I don't know what I'm feeling for, no idea where they are and I couldn't find them. I flew into a blind panic that there's something wrong. Or worried they were so enlarged that they had just blended into the shape of my neck/head and were so big they were no longer detectable. It's like I was seeking things to worry about. I don't know what planet I'm on

cubist
11-02-14, 21:08
Hi.

Thanks for the kind words, I couldn't agree more about it being a catch 22 situation, I think the hardest thing for non-sufferers is them realising you are not intentionally hurting them.

Hopefully she will let us work through this together, I am not ready to give up. :unsure:

Don't feel stupid, again that's all part of the vicious circle and your problems are important to you. The biggest step is realising you have a problem and then addressing it.

TBH, my doctors aren't helpful at all, I never see the same one and they usually just flippantly prescribe me AD's, which I found not very nice.

Unfortunately I work in an office but sometimes I think that getting out of the house and keeping busy/distracted is helpful to me.