PDA

View Full Version : I wanna be normal

spuder
11-02-14, 18:23
I hate myself at the mo I am panicking about going out for a meal Tommorow night for my sister in laws birthday I am panicking that no one wants me there what I can wear I just don't mix well with my hubby's family I think they hate me I don't wanna go but hubby will not be happy with me please help me

greggs92
11-02-14, 18:32
Hey, you'll be fine for the meal :) I used to suffer from panic attacks, however i found two very successful programs to work for me, Panic Away and The Linden Method. Try not to fight the panic, go with it, It won't hurt you, you've been there before and you know it's scary but it won't harm you. If you have any questions, just ask :)
Thank you :)

spuder
11-02-14, 18:49
Thanks for your reply

greggs92
11-02-14, 19:57
any time :) I'm here to help, so always feel free to ask me if you need any help. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm really passionate about helping people

spuder
12-02-14, 19:38
Update for u I didn't go tonight to the meal I've been anxious all day I txt hubby to say I can't eat nothing but will have a drink he exploded and now wants a dirorve from mr he hates me and wouldn't let me just have a drink

blue moon
13-02-14, 12:56
What a divorce because of a meal is he for real?he hates you what a stupid thing to say,maybe you should give him the boot.

Petra x

greggs92
13-02-14, 13:11
Update for u I didn't go tonight to the meal I've been anxious all day I txt hubby to say I can't eat nothing but will have a drink he exploded and now wants a dirorve from mr he hates me and wouldn't let me just have a drink
If he can't be there for you and support you, then he isn't worth it, but maybe you will see things differently when you overcome your anxiety.

cymraig_chris
14-02-14, 23:12
"Say the following words to youself one hundred times Ina very quick cartoon voice ..... "I hate myself at the mo I am panicking about going out for a meal Tommorow night for my sister in laws birthday I am panicking that no one wants me there what I can wear I just don't mix well with my hubby's family I think they hate me I don't wanna go but hubby will not be happy with me please help me"
Then say them again slowly at half speed another 30 times ... Let me know at which point you start laughing.

I am serious ... This is not a denigration of your predicament, but a classic NLP technique.

We only panic because of the silly stories we tell ourselves, these stories become our beliefs when we take them seriously ... It is impossible to uptake them seriously when cartooning your mind chatter, it breaks the emotional linkages from the thoughts to the emotions themselves. Your brain then deletes the thought as a cause for threat and deactivates the threat response via super fast neuroplasticity.

Try it on any thought that causes you worry. You will find that after a few attempts it becomes absolutely impossible to fear any thought. You can do it with sensations as well.

Oh my god ... I'm feeling dizzy, I think I'm going to faint.
Oh my god ... I'm going to die.
Oh my god ... This feeling in my head is horrible.

Etc.

Oh and by the way ... You are normal ... There is nothing wrong with you. Everyone believe the ally stories in their heads when they say them to themselves in a serious fearful voice. Anxiety effects everyone on earth. Peopl on this site just have bought into the thoughts more seriously because we are more creative. Luckily, this creativity can be used to quickly convert the thoughts to a source of mirth. Seriously try it.

Ikaeoph
14-02-14, 23:24
Chris you just helped a lot of people, respect!

cymraig_chris
14-02-14, 23:29
No worries.
By the way this technique can take minutes. That's it.

Try it with depression as well.

I tried it a long time ago ...

I hadn't felt an emotion apart from fear and anger for a long time, so I did some research, found this little technique and started cartooning out loud to myself in the kitchen "I really depressed, I can't feel anything, but fear and anger" then another thought popped up related to this fear and I did it with this ... After about five minutes I was wetting myself laughing.

I still had the heavy sensations after my laughter finished (less so though) but I lost the fear, because the false belief story failed to impress me any more. Then there were just sensations left. Which I had no negative emotional reaction to. When I stopped reacting and and started living life again all the sensations evaporated quickly.

Any emotion (anxiety for example) is a sensation collection and a story.

When we disempower the story, the sensations become daft and pointless, we stop reacting and they are removed.

Additional, if you can come up with any reason why this will not work for you ... Then say that to yourself in a cartoon voice a hundred times, then slow it down then imagine yourself saying the whole thing backwards. It scrambles the story-emotion link. Follow the chain of your thoughts until

1)you find no more fear stories
2)you realise that this works for everything, so you don't need to complete the exercise.

You are not ill, you just have a few or many fear stories linked to bodily sensations in your mind and body.

Panic is a phobia, that's all it it, a fear of adrenaline, look up "I love adrenaline" on google and find probably a quarter of a million hits of people loving these bodily sensations you get. Adrenaline can equal fear or excitement, it's exactly the same chemical. The only difference between somebody who gets excited by the sensations and somebody who gets scared is the stories they tell themselves. You can very very quickly deactivate the fear aspect from these stories with this technique in minutes. Practice with a few small fears and then get bold and cocky. Adrenaline is 100% safe. What happens when we don't fear adrenaline ... It turns off. The fear turns off. Your mind clears and you feel great. Don't look for complicated answers when the solutions are simple.

“We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them” ... Einstein

Etc etc

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 19:05
Also try the NLP phobia cure if you constantly relieve the trauma of a past experience

This is the Cinema visualisation one.

Use this music ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuL687HGfjI as you think about your traumas.

spuder
15-02-14, 22:14
Will try that teqnique thanks

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 22:28
It works very fast.