PDA

View Full Version : Can't take this

Orange Lightning
11-02-14, 20:06
I need to vent. My throat is burning RIGHT NOW just above the adam's apple. I can't figure out why. Nothing in my lifestyle, diet or medication regime has changed. I didn't eat anything bad. I'm no more or less stressed than usual. I'm just burning away, and crying all the while. None of the meds are working. What the hell do I do? I can't stand the thought of my whole life being like this!!

Andrash
11-02-14, 20:24
I need to vent. My throat is burning RIGHT NOW just above the adam's apple. I can't figure out why. Nothing in my lifestyle, diet or medication regime has changed. I didn't eat anything bad. I'm no more or less stressed than usual. I'm just burning away, and crying all the while. None of the meds are working. What the hell do I do? I can't stand the thought of my whole life being like this!!

I'd take that your stress levels are usually high. High stress levels can cause acid-reflux problems, which can cause exactly the feeling you describe. Did you try anti-acid meds? If not, try them, and try to reduce your anxiety and stress levels as they're likely the cause of the unpleasant sensation :)

Orange Lightning
11-02-14, 20:29
I'd take that your stress levels are usually high. High stress levels can cause acid-reflux problems, which can cause exactly the feeling you describe. Did you try anti-acid meds? If not, try them, and try to reduce your anxiety and stress levels as they're likely the cause of the unpleasant sensation :)

Thank you for replying. Yeah, I've tried the reflux meds and then some. I'm already on Mirtazapine and I've been suitably distracted by my day-to-day life. The irony is I was happy; I'd had a spell where I had NO burning, and thought I was finally free. Then the last few days have been like this, and I remembered how futile my efforts to cure this horrid illness are.

Andrash
11-02-14, 20:33
Thank you for replying. Yeah, I've tried the reflux meds and then some. I'm already on Mirtazapine and I've been suitably distracted by my day-to-day life. The irony is I was happy; I'd had a spell where I had NO burning, and thought I was finally free. Then the last few days have been like this, and I remembered how futile my efforts to cure this horrid illness are.

You know the drill-when it comes and goes, it's nothing serious. Plus, it's one more indicator that you have the reflux problem. You don't have to eat anything bad-it's a mechanical issue :)

Horrid illness, seriously? :D

Orange Lightning
11-02-14, 20:36
You know the drill-when it comes and goes, it's nothing serious. Plus, it's one more indicator that you have the reflux problem. You don't have to eat anything bad-it's a mechanical issue :)

Horrid illness, seriously? :D

Oh yes. I'm only 22. The fact I will have to live with this for my whole life, AND that it will get worse, AND that it may progress into cancer when I'm much older. I can't stand seeing people binge on junk foods, who may never get anything as painful as this every day of their life. Food is more than half of one's quality of life. It just hurts to much to go on like this.

Andrash
11-02-14, 20:39
Oh yes. I'm only 22. The fact I will have to live with this for my whole life, AND that it will get worse, AND that it may progress into cancer when I'm much older. I can't stand seeing people binge on junk foods, who may never get anything as painful as this every day of their life. Food is more than half of one's quality of life. It just hurts to much to go on like this.

For god sake, if you're 22 now, why you worry about something you'll possibly (and not probably) get when you're 60? Odds are the cure for cancer will be found much before you get old enough to get it :)

Go out and enjoy life! :)

As for other people-we all make our choices. If theirs is to destroy their vascular and gastrointestinal systems with junk food-it's their problem ;)

Speranza
11-02-14, 20:40
That isn't necessarily the case. I have a young friend who was told she was at risk of oesophagal cancer (bear with me!) because she suffered so badly from acid reflux.

Three years on she is absolutely fine with almost no symptoms.

Trust your body to heal itself. x