PDA

View Full Version : Amlodophine - Feel like a zombie

Cú Chulainn
11-02-14, 20:22
For the last 6 months I have been on 5mg Amlodipine of HBP and I have been feeling depressed, anxious, tired all the time, pains in the hand and legs, cold extremities, disturbed vision.
These symptoms could all be just anxiety and depression but what happens if it the tablet.
Has anyone suffered like this or experience of it.
Thanks in advance

nomorepanic
11-02-14, 21:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emphyrio
11-02-14, 22:47
Its possible it could be the med you're on. I took a propranolol as I was experiencing heightened physical anxiety and couldn't believe how cold my hands and feet got. It also has the annoying side effect of making me more depressed, hence why I only take them at bad times.

How long have you been having these symptoms for? It wouldn't harm you to run this issue by your GP the next time you see him/her.

Cú Chulainn
11-02-14, 22:55
Hi, Thanks for responding
I had these symptoms about 3 months now but I've been on these tabs for over a year so I'm really unsure.
Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a really numb hand and I also says its because ive been lying on it buts im worried that its mre than a coincidence

Emphyrio
11-02-14, 23:20
I would run it past your GP in that case.

Have you changed doses/started any other medication?

Cú Chulainn
12-02-14, 20:07
I'm gonna come of these to see if it picks up and if it doesn't I'll go back on them or switch to something else.

RVP
13-02-14, 02:42
Dont go off them just yet, consult your gp.
I take it you have read the list of symptoms on the paper you get with the medication? they are vey broad and wide ranging, so if what your getting isnt listed there, its probably not the medication.

The worst thing you can do is come off them, even though your only a small dosage. If contacting the GP is long winded then contact your pharmacy, mine are extremely helpful and im sure yours are too.

Cú Chulainn
13-02-14, 03:09
Hi Thanks for responding
I did not take it today and to be honest I felt a lot better, the brain fog lifted immediately and I see a lot more clearly and in truth feel more alive.
I know I shouldn't have stopped like that but I'm going to the GP in 2 days and I'll ask to be changed to something else. especially if I still feel like
Thanks again

sarahxxx
21-09-18, 21:48
i have been on them 2 year pulsing in my ears lumps in mouth so tired the last couple of months am asking to be taken of them i was on lercandipine with no side affects apart from leg cramps zombie so true