PDA

View Full Version : Best CBT book?

Marty_67
11-02-14, 23:00
Off on hols soon, want to do some reading about CBT...thought about Managing Anxiety For Dummies. Any better reads out there?

Primula
13-02-14, 08:26
Claire Weekes Self Help for your Nerves. Read my many on these boards, she was a pioneer in her field,
and the basis of many modern self help books.

LeFi_81
13-02-14, 15:18
Hey Marty,

Im currently reading the "essential help for your nerves" by the above mentioned Claire Weekes. I find it up to Chapter 2 astonishingly good and a true eye-opener! :yesyes:

Seeking Freedom
17-02-14, 19:16
I personally like the anxiety for dummies guide but I've just ordered Claire Weekes, as I've heard it mentioned a good bit!

Marty_67
01-03-14, 15:39
I personally like the anxiety for dummies guide but I've just ordered Claire Weekes, as I've heard it mentioned a good bit!

Thanks for the replies.

Have now read 'CBT for Dummies' - Claire Weekes is next on my list :)

BobbyDog
01-03-14, 18:11
I have read a lot of books about how to recover from anxiety and the best one in my humble opinion is: The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J Bourne PHD. It explains in detail about all anxiety disorders, exposure therapy, setting goals etc. It is a fabulous piece of work, I refer back to it all the time.

Rennie1989
01-03-14, 18:19
CBT4Panic on ebooks were very good, but that was the only book I've read.

MyNameIsTerry
03-03-14, 05:45
I think Mark Williams Mindfulness Based CBT books are good. They incorporate meditation into CBT which is great in my opinion as CBT therapists recommend it anyway.

It's easy to follow, informative but not as heavy as some others I've seen and it makes sense.