PDA

View Full Version : Back on the stupid google bandwagon.

mbarger33
11-02-14, 23:25
Right. So I've been doing wonderfully lately about my anxiety.. my heart anxiety is nearly gone now.

However I'm stilll having stomach Iissues and it's driving me literally insane..

about a year ago I had a root canal done this was before any of my health anxiety problems.. The doctor prescribed me clindamycin it was a high dose of 3 pills 2 times a day.

about a month after that I started having lower right abdominal pain, it wouldn'thurt to touch but Iif I pushed deep I felt tenderness. Ignored it. Like normal people do until I started getting flat soft stools in oval shapes, this would happen on and off and they I juststopped having normal shaped bowl movements all together.. Ii started getting diarrhe then soft. Then normalthen undigested food. Like beans and other whole foods I wwouldn't normally see..

then I started getting yellow stools.. almost like the color of urine. I went ot the doctor he did a stool test to look for bugs and blood work. Blood work came back great i didn'thave any bugs. I asked Iif I should get an ultrasound because my grandmother died from colon cancer. He laughed and said no.. you need to worry about that until you are 45.

I switched doctors. I got an abdominal ultrasound that came back normal. but i still feel bloated. Still have trapped gas. Still have flat. Curley, oval, type stools that are still yellow and bile salty in color!

This doctor thinks a colon scope Iis a waste of time. Because I'mmnot showing dark tarry stools. Anima...

But I'm convinced and left to my own works of evil that tthere's something inside me growing causing these problems.. ive seen small mucus clear once. And sometimes I have insane anak itching with bright red blood on toilet paper.. Although not huge. It's more like a faint pink..

anyway I hit google today after fighting it for an hour and I find out that colon cancers in people under 40 are on the rise.. wonderfull... so now I'mstuck Iin a rut and not sure what to do..

anyone in the same boat?

KLP
11-02-14, 23:34
My toilet scenarios are very similarly mine, do you have hemorrhoids? You may have a nervous stomach? Don't google.

Think my nerves effect my stomach in turn fluctuate my bowel movements!!!!

mbarger33
11-02-14, 23:44
Thanks for the reply. It's possible that i could have hems. I've never been checked. From what i gather the intense itching and pinkish blood when i use medicated wipes i could have them..

is your pain consistant? Like a bloated cramping feeling?

saab
11-02-14, 23:54
Intense itching can be a sign of threadworm - which most people get at some point, are harmless, and easily got rid of with over the counter tablets. Do you think you could have ibs? Have you changed your diet at all, which might account for the stool changes? I eat a lot of beans and sweetcorn and they do go through undigested a lot of the time. Soft poos are better than hard by the way, it shows you are eating enough roughage.

mbarger33
12-02-14, 00:01
Intense itching can be a sign of threadworm - which most people get at some point, are harmless, and easily got rid of with over the counter tablets. Do you think you could have ibs? Have you changed your diet at all, which might account for the stool changes? I eat a lot of beans and sweetcorn and they do go through undigested a lot of the time. Soft poos are better than hard by the way, it shows you are eating enough roughage.

The only thing I've changed is drinking more water and kicked my 14 year caffeine addiction to energy drinks. I used to drink 4 to 5 can a day..

i could have IBS as I've had panic attacks and anxiety recently. Currently taking .5 mgs of Ativan if needed. But no meds daily.

i was expecting the ultrasound to find an issue. Due to the color and dark yellow to yellow saturation of the water when i use the restroom.

My doctor called and said nothing was out of place with the ultrasound images..

i guess the part that scares me most is the dense feeling i have on my right side. And the wide flat curl pigtail stools i have. I just feel it's not normal..

i dunno. I'm at the end of my rope with questions for my doc. She just doesn't seem to think it'san Iissue. But not having a diagnoses for my symptoms bothers the living daylight out of me.

Althea
12-02-14, 01:46
Nothing you describe really sounds like cancer. I think your IBS suggestion is really likely here; pain, bloating, stool softness (usually as a result of things going through to fast) are all common with IBS. The bleeding and itching may also be anal fissuring, which isn't uncommon in skin irritated by soft stools.

There is a possibility that the antibiotic might have thrown your gut flora off a bit; I'm rather a probiotic skeptic, since there's not much scrutiny over what's sold as probiotics, but you could try taking some of those; more enjoyably, if you like these foods, would be to get some other live flora in by eating some live-culture yogurt, eating some cheese with some age on it, and nibbling on some fermented vegetables (I'm not a kim chi fan, but I can get some great fermented bean sprouts and radishes around here).

mbarger33
12-02-14, 02:00
Nothing you describe really sounds like cancer. I think your IBS suggestion is really likely here; pain, bloating, stool softness (usually as a result of things going through to fast) are all common with IBS. The bleeding and itching may also be anal fissuring, which isn't uncommon in skin irritated by soft stools.

There is a possibility that the antibiotic might have thrown your gut flora off a bit; I'm rather a probiotic skeptic, since there's not much scrutiny over what's sold as probiotics, but you could try taking some of those; more enjoyably, if you like these foods, would be to get some other live flora in by eating some live-culture yogurt, eating some cheese with some age on it, and nibbling on some fermented vegetables (I'm not a kim chi fan, but I can get some great fermented bean sprouts and radishes around here).

Thank you for the suggestions. I was taking a probiotic in pill form however I never felt like it really did anything.. i took it for about 4 months 2 pills a day 15 strand 30 billion. I've heard that it's hard for the good bacteria to stay alive through the digestion process and actually make it to where it needs to be.

The fermented vegetables is a great idea and something that I've never thought of. Truth be told I didn't know it was possible to get biotic this way.. The yogurts I know. But have never tried.

I feel much better after reading everyone's comments and don't feel the need for google anymore at this moment.

Anyone here with ibs and suggestions on dealing with the symptoms? Or is this something I'llneed to get meds froom my doc?

Thanks again for the replies.