PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for atos medical after 7 months

jillyb
12-02-14, 08:43
I am on contributions based ESA which began last July. I receive about £71 a week. I still haven't been called for the medical. If I fail will I have to pay back the monies I have already received or will it just stop? I'm really anxious that I will have to pay it back. Originally I was receiving JSA after having been made redundant last March but it was the JSA advisor that, having seen the state I was in with my chronic anxiety, advised me to claim ESA.

Annie0904
12-02-14, 09:00
No you wouldnt have to pay it back. It does seem to be a long time though. You can only get contributions based esa for 1 year.

t0rt01se36
12-02-14, 12:15
Jillyb. I am in the same situation as you. I was claiming JSA and at the same time, seeing a Disability Employment Advisor, at the Job Centre. He was happy for me to apply for ESA, so I put in the claim last September and still haven't heard when I'll be getting an ATOS medical.

The daily thoughts of me having a medical are making me feel more anxious and stressed, knowing that I am going to some how fight really hard to stay on ESA. I am currently on the assessment stage. I failed last time.

I feel like like I've really got to change my ways and work out how to get a job, whilst struggling with various anxieties. I can't afford to have a delay in payment and that too is making me anxious.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer and I hope you have a positive outcome.