PDA

View Full Version : why cant I have a drink like I used to????

ohwell123
12-02-14, 13:10
hi been reading some different stories on peoples scenarios on alcohol people go from drinking to the total extreme of knocking drinking on the head for good!! ok fair play to them

Im aware last night I had only 3 cans of beer and its played havoc on me today

but what I cant understand is lets say 3 years ago I used to enjoy going for a drink after work with my dad I actually enjoy going for a drink !! thats the point Id get up the day after and get on with my life 3 years ago

so what have I got to do to go bk to the old me? whats changed?

thanks kris

Fishmanpa
12-02-14, 16:38
Oh Well.....

Look at it this way. I had cancer. I used to enjoy a good cigar and a glass of brandy on a Sunday afternoon watching football. I still can enjoy football but the brandy and cigar are no more. What's changed? Cancer.

What's changed for you? Anxiety. Anxiety and drinking just don't mix. It's been scientifically proven. Smoking is another no no as it's totally counter-productive to anxiety issues.

Your body is telling you something and it's prudent to listen to it.

Positive thoughts

WhyWhyWhy
12-02-14, 16:52
Oh Well.....

Look at it this way. I had cancer. I used to enjoy a good cigar and a glass of brandy on a Sunday afternoon watching football. I still can enjoy football but the brandy and cigar are no more. What's changed? Cancer.

What's changed for you? Anxiety. Anxiety and drinking just don't mix. It's been scientifically proven. Smoking is another no no as it's totally counter-productive to anxiety issues.

Your body is telling you something and it's prudent to listen to it.

Positive thoughts

I never knew smoking was bad for anxiety. I quit about 3/4 weeks ago.

I can't drink anymore, not properly like I used to, the anxiety and depressed feeling the next day and the following few days are just not even worth it

Fishmanpa
12-02-14, 17:16
I never knew smoking was bad for anxiety. I quit about 3/4 weeks ago.

I can't drink anymore, not properly like I used to, the anxiety and depressed feeling the next day and the following few days are just not even worth it

Congrats on quitting! Nicotine is a stimulant. Not good for anxiety. Tobacco is proven to cause cancer and dozens of other serious health issues. Why on earth if you you have fears and worries about health, anxiety or panic attacks, would you smoke? It just doesn't make sense.

Positive thoughts